Chapter Fifty Five

Start from the beginning

I bend down to pick it up, and notice that the last drawer was open. Being nosy, I slide it open and found something that made my eyes water.

It was a pink box filled with the baby's ultrasounds, some photos of Chris and I, some photos of me alone, and the onesie I gave Chris when I told him we were pregnant.

I picked up the photo of Chris and I that he took when we went to the Bahamas for the first time to meet my parents.

As I held it up to the light, I noticed there was handwriting behind it. So I turned it around.

And in Chris's handwriting - the words,

"To our baby for their 18th birthday...

....this is me and your mom, lovebug. Before you came into our lives of course, your mom didn't know this yet, but I knew I wanted a family with her that day, and I knew I wanted to marry her and soon. I knew that I wanted her to give me you. And now that you've grown so big, you were the best thing that's ever happen to us...

...Happy Birthday, love Dad."

I wiped the tear from my eye when Chris called for me from being on the stairs still.

There were maybe 17 other photos, of Chris and I, and me alone.

I picked one up of me alone, the day Chris and I got married in Vegas. It was a photo of me, in my white dress, holding Chris's hand as he twirled me around.

"To our baby for their 16th birthday...

...this is the day your mom and I got married, the first time, I'll tell debate on telling you that story considering I am writing these birthday notes before you were even born.

I guess I'll tell you a small part, your mom actually proposed to me the first time, and I couldn't say no to her beautiful face, so we hopped on the jet and headed to Vegas. We got married using rings from a pawn shop and just like that your mom was mine - forever, and ever. I love her so much, and I never thought I could love someone as much as I do her, but then you came into my life and I knew I that I can...

...Happy Birthday, love dad."

I went through the all the other photos and they were the same, from age 1 to age 18, Chris had written birthday letters using our photos to our unborn baby.

This made my cry more happy tears. He's unreal.

"Y/n! Baby? You okay? We gotta go."

He shouts again, so I put the photos back the way I found them, and close the drawer the way I found it, slightly ajar

Then I clean my tears and head down back to the stairs. No matter how hard I tried cleaning my tears and making it look like I wasn't crying, Chris knew me well.