then Yunho shows him the rooms, explaining that he can't be roommates with Hongjoong because, well, he isn't very clean nor is he quiet at night. he's recently lost his headphones and he works with his macbook on full volume all night long, so living with him would be a complete disaster. he also assumed that since him and Mingi aren't on good terms as for right now, it wouldn't be the best idea to live with him either, and that left him with only one room left, Yunho's.

San has hoped that he'll be able to talk him into letting him sleep on the sofa, or the storage room, but Yunho was a persistent guy, and he was set on not allowing the younger to sleep on a sofa when there was a fine bed left empty in his room.

the room has only consisted of a waredrop, a drawer with a mirror propped atop and a few self care products, and the bunkbeds. of course it wasn't clean, clothes were here and there, but it looks more live-able than Hongjoong's.

"you can put your stuff here," Yunho instructs, opening the closet and showing him two empty shelves. "if you want more space i can try to squish my clothes together."

"no.. it's fine," he mumbles. he wouldn't use the two shelves anyways, his stuff would more than fit into one tiny drawer. it's just his backpack.

"alright!"

Yunho is a lively person, cheerful and chirpy, bouncing about and excited about pretty much anything San says. San has never thought that he'll meet someone happier than Jeongin, but seeing Yunho has drastically proven him wrong. he wonders how in hell is he going to be his roommate.

"come on, i think Hongjoong hyung ordered dinner," Yunho speaks again, bringing San out of his thoughts as he skips outside the room. San follows him silently, wondering if takeout food is their usual dinner option. he would love to get used to that.

once outside, they find Hongjoong fumbling with bags, placing boxes and plastic plates on the coffee table whilst Mingi is walking out the kitchen holding silverware. he looks kinda scared to be holding a knife, and San wonders why.

Yunho goes to help Hongjoong empty the bags whilst San stands to the side looking like a complete idiot, not knowing what to do.

"San-ah, come sit. or do you like to eat whilst standing?" Hongjoong looks up once he finishes with the last bag, the greasy and sweet smell of fried chicken filling the air between them. San hesitates, although the food is very much alluring him in. are they going to let him eat for free?

"ah, but i didn't p-pay," he stutters, knowing full too well that he won't be able to pay for his share of food with the little money he has right now.

"oh, don't worry about it! it's on the company," Yunho's chirpy voice travels throughout the room. "we can order three times a week with the company's money as long as it's cheap food and nothing over the top."

San's eyes widen, thrice a week?

finally, he sits himself down next to Yunho, at a safe distance from Mingi, who's glaring at the poor chicken wing he's eating. he's then handed chopsticks by Yunho and is set to eat, and he does when he sees the others devour the food.

the first bite he has of chicken feels like visiting heaven on a sunny day. it feels like he's been starved for years and this is the first time his stomach is filled with something so sweet yet so spicy and filling (although it's probably true, he's lived on toast for years now, his luxurious meals that he allows himself to buy once a month being his dear ramen cups, or sometimes tuna sandwiches). he takes another bite, and then another, and forgets about everyone else in the room as he eats, filling up the hungry spots in his stomach.