"Not the killing part, but the eating, yeah?" Amos said, then laughed as he saw Fox's face change to one of horror. 

Decidedly done with the strange conversation, Owen grabbed the back of Amos' shirt and tugged him right off the couch before walking toward the kitchen, shrugging off and hanging up his coat on his way. 

"How was school, Fox?"

Fox had hurried to follow him, ignoring a pouting Amos on the floor. 

"It was good. I think I might have made a friend, and I didn't take the cigarettes," he said, just excited to have the man home once he'd managed to push the sleep from his mind. 

"I'm glad that you knew better, and asked us, just in case." 

Fox nodded, and when he realized that Owen was intending to cook, he quickly got busy helping him cut vegetables. He'd gotten pretty good with a knife and worked fast. 

Once he'd finished getting the bell peppers and mushroomed chopped, he glanced around the corner to see that Amos had fallen back asleep on the floor. 

"Stopping smoking took a lot out of him. He's going to be a bit more grumpy and tired for a while," Owen said as he looked at him from the corner of his eye for a moment. 

Fox nodded and took a seat at the dinner table so that he could still talk to Owen, but stayed out of the way. 

"He did say that he had a bad headache earlier. He'd been sitting in here with all the lights off when I got home. I accidentally walked right up to him and sat in his lap without even noticing since I was so distracted texting Noah." 

Owen chuckled as he got the food together and ready for the oven. 

"Not surprised. It's going to get a lot worse before it gets better, but he's a strong guy. I'm sure you randomly dropping into his lap for some education was a greatly appreciated distraction," he joked, making Fox rub at the back of his neck and blush. 

"Yeah, he didn't seem to mind. We did uh... stuff, for a little bit, but then he got really tired and we both kind of fell asleep." 

Owen slid the food into the oven, then walked over to sit in the chair next to Fox after he turned it a bit so that they could face each other. Fox gladly sat up straighter, his smile widening. 

"You really like me, huh?" Owen said as he reached over and mussed up Fox's hair. 

He didn't mind. It was attention from Owen. 

He quickly nodded, then added verbally "yes, I like you." 

Owen leaned forward, putting his arms on his knees as he looked up at Fox. 

"What did you do with Amos? Are you comfortable doing it again with me?" 

Fox felt his words fumble around in his mouth as he tried to answer, but no sound came out. Amos had constantly made it clear that he'd love any kind of attention, that wasn't someone trying to dominate him. Owen, however...

He was unsure how to act around him, honestly. 

"Say what you think, Fox. I won't be upset," Owen said quietly, not wanting to wake Amos, who was snoring quietly on the floor still. 

Fox licked his lips and looked down at his hands fiddling in his lap, but then forced himself to look up and meet Owen's eyes. 

"I... I'm just, not sure what to do around you," he said nervously. 

Owen raised his eyebrows, but caught himself before he started speaking and instead raised a hand to press fingers against his mouth, clearly thinking over his words.