𝔰𝔢𝔯𝔦𝔞𝔩 𝔨𝔦𝔩𝔩𝔢𝔯?

Start from the beginning

"It's easy, in the laboratory there was this guy who..." And she stopped talking as if she had realized something. "Had to do everything in three. Everything always had to be perfect, even when he talked, he would usually repeat things three times." She finished.

Dick quickly caught up with her thinking.

"What's his name?"

"Tyler Hoffmen." She replied, and Dick typed the name on one of the computers, a profile immediately came up.

Young man in his early twenties, volunteered in the laboratory where Arabella was held, Comet Laboratories. And there it was, abilities, capability to creat daggers out of light energy, that explained the stab wound on the victims, but his status was marked as failure. Apparently the creation of daggers consumed his energy, only worsening his condition every time he used his powers.

"Let's stop for a second." Hank exclaimed. "You are telling me, this girl right here, solved two murders in about five minutes?" He said serious, everyone remained silent until he spoke again. "Way to go girl!" He cheered as he walked over her and wrapped his arm around her shoulders.

Dick chuckled a little.

"But how?" He asked.

"It was rather easy, when you spend your time alone in a cell, you find distraction in every little thing you see, and you find a meaning to it or something it might be related to, so with time you learn to pay attention to every detail." She smiled proudly.

"Well, I do gotta admit that was impressive." Dick said giving her a smile. And Arabella's cheeks turned red at his compliment.

"Now we just have to figure out when will he strike again and where." Rachel talked. "Luckily we have our secret weapon." She said looking at Arabella.

Both girls chuckled as Rachel tan over to hug the red haired girl with excitement.

"See, you're already improving." She said as they hugged.

And Arabella just closed her eyes enjoying the hug.

—————————— • ——————————

The tower was silent, the air conditioning running was the only thing that could be heard. Arabella was sitting in the living room, waiting for the others to return, Jason along with Gar and Rachel had taken advantage of Dick giving them a break to go out, none of them bothered to invite Arabella, but this didn't make her feel bad, on the contrary, she felt it was better to avoid going out until she had her powers under control.

Dick, on the other hand, had escorted Dawn and Hank to the platform where the private jet they had arrived in, was located, after they took care of the killer. Dawn had hugged the red-haired girl goodbye and assured her that she could call her whenever she wanted, Hank was not far behind and hugged her too, but not as affectionately.

The Grayson boy had assured her that he would be back in a couple of minutes, and as promised, about ten minutes after he had left the tower, he was back.

"Hi." He said placing the keys of his car on the kitchen counter, he took his jacket off and sat down in the couch across from the girl. "The others are not back yet I assume."

"Your assumptions are correct." She nodded.

"You know you're not obligated to stay here right? You can go out." He said, thinking maybe she felt as if she couldn't leave the tower.

"Oh I know. I just don't think it's a good idea yet." She explained to him. "I need to learn how to control these..." She said moving her fingers softly and creating little waves of red energy. "In order to go out without having a breakdown." She chuckled softly and so did him.

"You went out with Dawn and nothing happened." Dick pointed out.

"Yeah but it was different, she made me feel secure, it was like she was constantly assuring me she was there."

"That sounds like her." He smiled.

"You two have a history together." And before he was able to interfere she talked again. "The first time I saw you, I got this bunch of flashbacks only they weren't about me, they were about you. I saw you as a kid, your first training with Bruce, your relationship with Dawn, what happened to the original Titans, this girl with brown hair and-" But he stopped her.

"Okay, I think that's enough." He mumbled.

And Arabella realized he probably felt uncomfortable with her rambling about his whole life when they only knew each other for a day.

"I'm sorry, I didn't think before speaking. I promise I won't do it again." She apologized sincerely.

"It's okay, it's just... you know me better than I know myself." He joked to lighten the mood, and it seemed to work because the girl chuckled at his comment. "You know, we..." he sat up and put his coat back on as he walked towards her and offered her his hand. "Are going to get dinner."

She hesitated about taking his hand, scared the memories and voices would come back, but she decided to take the risk and placed her hand in his.

Nothing.

Well not exactly, she felt a warm feeling wash over her and it was as if a spark had been lit up.

"What do you have in mind?" The man asked as they entered the elevator.

"Surprise me Richard." She smirked

"As you please." He smirked back.