08. pound town and explosions

Start from the beginning

We got there quickly and stood by the walls near the bathrooms. Simon then came running full speed down the hallway.

"DUDE! SHE'S HERE! I SAW HER! SHE WAS SO- SO- SO- I DON'T KNOW, CREEPY! AND FUCKING CRAZY STILL!" He panted. "SHE WAS DOING IT, FOLLOWING THE BLOOD TRAILS!"

I grabbed Simon's hand and pulled him towards the wall beside me as Kate spoke up.

"It's working. Skull Mask freak, three o'clock."

"You always hurt the one you love, the one you shouldn't hurt at all."

Ruby's voice echoed through the halls as she walked.

"Ruby." Simon muttered.

"This is so dumb." Kate sounded as if she was about to cry as she spoke to Deena, and I don't blame her. "If this doesn't work, I will murder you."

Simon and I gripped each other's hands tightly as we peered around the corner to see Nightwing coming closer and closer.

"They're all here." Deena gasped.

I pulled Simon back towards the wall as Nightwing ran past us, following Skull Mask and Ruby into the bathroom.

Sam kicked the vent open and jumped down. "GO, GO, GO, GO, GO!"

Kate slipped the rope in the door handle and began tying it as Josh, Simon and I all grabbed fire extinguishers and ran over to the wall.

"Please let this work." I whispered to myself as Deena dropped the lighter and ran over to us with Sam.

Once the fire was lit I could hear the yelling and screaming coming from the killers in the bathroom. There was a boom that caused us all to flinch and then the screaming stopped. We all peered over at the door before deciding to go inside.

Kate untied the rope and we all started putting the remaining fire out with the extinguishers.

"Come back from that, motherfuckers!"

"Don't test them, Si." I laughed as I stared at the weird, black gunk on the walls.

Our excitement was short lived as the black goo started to move. Josh kneeled down in front of some on the floor.

"Guys?" We looked over at the goo that seemed to be forming a hand. "HOLY-"

Kate grabbed Josh by the shoulder and pulled him out of the bathroom as we all started running. We got into a chemistry classroom and shut the door. Simon getting the key off it's hook on the wall and locking it.

"Help me!" Deena and Sam started moving a desk towards the door. "Quickly they're coming!"

"They're gonna keep coming!" Kate snapped.

"WE'RE FUCKED!" Simon yelled.

"No, we are not fucked." Kate looked at Sam. "She's fucked. They're after her. We put Sam in the hall and end this, now."

"You're a monster." Deena cried.

"I'm being reasonable. We can't run anymore! A bullet won't stop them, fine. They're really strong. But we just tried to goddamn explode them, and that didn't work."

"You're suggesting killing her!?"

"I mean, that's not exactly what she's saying." Josh spoke up.

"Oh, so you're on her side?"

"You'd let us all die to protect her." Kate grabbed Josh's bag off of his back. "Look at this. Okay, all of this. Dead, dead, dead!" She slammed different newspaper clippings onto the desk. "This is the way. It's the only way."

Josh sat on his knees next to the pile of newspapers now on the ground.

"Sam's gotta go." Kate finished.

Deena looked at Sam and then back at Kate. "Are you kidding me?"

Simon looked down at the ground and I rubbed my thumb against his hand.

"Kate's right." Sam took a long breath in. "I don't want you guys to die for me."

We all looked over at her and I gave her a sympathetic look. We didn't want to do it, but, I guess we thought it was necessary.

"I'm going." Sam said firmly and Deena looked over at her with tears in her eyes. "I'm ending this."

"No, you're not!" Deena walked over to her. "Are you crazy?"

Sam put her hands on the sides of Deena's face and pulled her forehead towards her own.

"No." Sam let go and started walking over to the door. "No, Sam! SAM!"

Deena started moving towards where Kate was holding the door open for Sam, but Simon stopped her, holding her back.

"SAM!" She yelled trying to pull away from Simon's grip as Kate locked the door again. "LET ME GO! LET ME- SAM!"

"Let me go. LET ME GO!" Deena shouted at Simon. "Let me- HELP ME! HELP!" She yelled at Josh and I.

"WE'RE LETTING HER DIE! WE'RE KILLING HER!" Simon was struggling to keep Deena away from the door while I was on the verge of tears. "PLEASE!"

Josh looked down at his papers again and Kate kneeled down beside him. "This is not your fault."

"PLEASE! PLEASE!"

Josh picked up one clipping and I read the bold title.

Camp Nightwing Massacre Survivor C. Berman "Saw Witch".

"Holy shit." I muttered as Josh showed the clipping to Kate. The three of us quickly stood up and Kate started unlocking the door.

"Simon, let her go." I told him and he furrowed his eyebrows in confusion but did so. The second the door was open Deena had pulled Sam back inside.

"What- What- What is going on?" Sam looked around at us.

"You're not doing this alone." Kate told her.

"There's another way." Josh held up the newspaper for Sam, Deena and Simon to see. "C. Berman. She's the key."

A SOULMATE WHO WASN'T MEANT TO BE; fear street 1994, 1978, 1666 x fem!readerOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara