𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭.

Začít od začátku

SHOUPE once again turned them away. They were at the station in his office and showed him the gun, but he still wasn't having any of it.

"It's the exact same firearm Ward just used to kill Gavin with." Pope told him.

"I- and where's that corpse again?" Shoupe tested.

"Why are you asking us, isn't it your job to find it?" Chiara furrowed her eyebrows. "Did you not look?"

"I checked the hospital. I went by his house, he was out." Shoupe told her.

"He was out?" Kiara narrowed her eyes at the man.

"No shit! Because he's dead!" JJ pointed out.

"Just because he's not in his damn home, does not mean he was a victim of a homicide." Shoupe disagreed with them.

"Please tell me you're joking." Chiara begged. "Am I being punked right now?"

"Are you at least going to send it in for ballistics and shit?" Kiara questioned about the gun. "Or are you just going to sit on your ass?"

"He'll sit there and wax that damn mustache!" JJ shouted. "Is that even real?"

"Shut up JJ!" Pope yelled at the boy.

"Oh I'm sorry did I hurt his feelings?" JJ sarcastically asked.

Shoupe then got up from his desk and opened the door to the office. "Get out. I got work to do."

"Are you serious?" Chiara raised her eyebrows.

"You've got to be kidding me." JJ huffed.

"Y'all are smelling up my damn office." Shoupe told them kicking them out.

Kiara was the first to get up, "Did Ward bribe you? This doesn't make any sense."

"You ain't gonna do shit." JJ stormed out.

"Out!" Shoupe yelled.

"Why would we lie, Shoupe?" Chiara asked as she headed out next. "We've got no reason to lie."

"We brought you the murder weapon. There's no logical reason for you not to send it in." Pope said.

"Go with your friends."

"This is some bullshit." Pope scoffed.

THE four had separated after leaving the police station. Kiara and Pope went off to his place while JJ and Chiara went to the chateau.

Chiara had jumped out of the shower in only a towel seeing as she didn't have any extra clothes, and didn't want to put on the clothes she had since they were full of sewage.

So, she hesitantly walked out into the living room with the towel tightly wrapped around her self to see JJ sitting there with a beer bottle in his hand.

"Hey, JJ." Chiara grabbed his attention. His eyes widened once he saw her in only a towel. "Do you have any clothes I can borrow?"

"Uh- um- yeah?" JJ stammered a bit before shaking his head. "I don't know why I said that as a question, because I do have clothes you can borrow, so ignore that and—"

"As cute as it is to see you squirm for once, I don't feel particularly comfortable standing here in nothing." Chiara cut him off.

JJ just nodded before getting up and walking into the guest room of the place, which was basically his room since he stayed at the chateau more than he had ever stayed at his own house.

Chiara followed behind the blonde and walked into the room. The boy grabbed one of his shirts and some shorts and handed them to her.

"Here you can wear these."