The New Girl

Beep! Beep! Beep! Be-

Smack!

The sound of an alarm falls silent after taking a hit from the top of it's head. A s/c arm that balled up in a fist could be seen resting on the device, it stays motionless for a few minutes. Then the bed and blanket starts to stir itself around, groaning came from inside as the blanket soon flies off from a few kick from underneath.

Meet the tiresome Y/n. Although he looks different since his hair has grown back to their natural color of h/c only with a stream of drool coming down his s/c face, he was also a few feet taller than the last time we met this boy in his pre-teen years. His groggy e/c eyes took their time to adjust the setting he was in, the same dream he had from before hung out in his mind.

"It's been like five years..." he moaned, the reoccurring dream kept appearing in his mind every other day for the last few years. Although he's persistent, he knew that this was just some dumb child phase he had before. A simple crush that a kid doesn't know and wanted as he sighs to himself. He takes a look over at the nightstand where his phone and his alarm clock rested and finds the golden scrunchie.

His mind races for a second and takes his phone to the bathroom. He does his business and refreshes his tired morning self and heads back into his room where he hops into his school uniform. They looked plain but he didn't mind.

He's ready to head out for school, not before his head immediately turned his head towards the side of his bed where his e/c eyes lands on something golden. Why was he hesitant to leave?

Just walk out and get to school. Go get your degree and become a successful person. Who cares about a scrunchie that is at least five years old?

...

Apparently, Y/n cared.

Even with his head fighting against the idea on bringing such a gift given by a girl who he may never see again, he decides to grab it and wear it around his wrist.

And what did that cost him? A couple of judging stares for his behavior. It was unusual for boys to wear scrunchies in his school, each girl and boy that laid eyes on him and whispered loudly among each other.

"He's still holding on to that scrunchie?"

"You think he's obsessed with it?"

"Probably from his 2D waifu... Heh..."

A lot didn't seem to realize why he kept the scrunchie on since he was a boy and that no other person in this school besides the girls would wear one for themselves.

Today wasn't anything new for Y/n, he just ignores the comments his classmates, senpais, and kouhais made and continued on with his day.

...

Lunch comes by in a flash and nothing changed during the few hours that he's been in this school. Same lesson taught twice and his peers still squabbled on and on about that scrunchie that seemed to be a problem by many.

He was in line right now, the front and only person as he requested some curry and rice and a f/d. Such a bland order but that's what he liked a lot in this cafeteria. His food comes as he takes it and heads to an empty table inside the dining hall.

Once he finds one with nobody sitting in a quadrupled seating, he sits down and closes his eyes. He starts to eat while trying to block off the negative energy that everyone was giving him. They weren't his friends, none of them were. If they were, they'd understand why he carried the bracelet around his wrist for so long.

"You think he's going through a phase?"

"Maybe... He's just so weird..."

"You think he has friends?"