Naina-Hmm, best friends.

Naina nodded with tears in her eyes and smile on lips. She held his hands tighter as he did too. They sat looking at each other when a lone tear escaped her eyes.

Sameer-Naina.

Sameer wiped her tears and nodded a no hinting her not to cry. Next moment Munna knocks the door and ask both of them to come down. Naina sets her hair, wiping off her tear marks she too follows them down.

******************************

Sameer and Naina sat infront of their families who had serious expression on their faces. As the leads settled, Dadi asked.

Dadi-Tum dono ka kya faisla hai?

Samaina looked at each other and Sameer stated.

Sameer-Hum dono yeh chahte hai ki iss baare mein aap sab bade hi faisla le, hum usi se sehmat honge.

All looked at them shockingly, amazed with their decision.

Rama-Naina, kya tera bhi yahi faisla hai?

Naina-Aa(pause) Aap sabhi ne yeh rishta tay kiya tha..toh aage kya karna hai yeh bhi aap tay karenge toh chalega(pause) Hume koi objection nahi hai.

Dadi looked at Naina and then at Sameer keenly, their eyes only reflected maturity and respect. She once felt proud of their decision which was only in the care of their family but the next moment she felt ba that they decided to separate from each other just for their family. Controlling her emotions Dadi said.

Dadi: Thik hai, agar tum dono ka yahi faisle hai, toh hum sabne jo socha hai wahi hoga.

Dadi looked at Vivek and hinted him to talk.

Vivek: Panditji ne kaha hai ki agar yeh shaadi hui toh uske 6 mahine baad tum dono pe hi nahi balki dono parivaaron pe bada sankat aa sakta hai.

Rakesh: Isiliye hum sabne yeh socha hai, ki dono parivaaron ke liye yahi acha hai ki yeh shaadi na ki jaaye.

Naina inhaled sharply and looked down controlling her tears. Vishakha who was sitting besides Naina held her hand; giving a light press she said

Vishakha: Lekin iss sab se hamara rishta nahi tutega. Tum aaj aur hamesha meri beti hi hogi.

Rama: Aur tum mere bête.

Both the mothers ran their hands on each other’s kids forehead as they passed a small-emotional smile.

Dadi: Sameer,bête woh roke ki sone ki chain de de.

Sameer nodded at his Dadi’s order and removed the gold chain. Vishakha gave the chain and Rama asked Naina to get the bangles.

Rama: Naina, woh shagun ke kangan la de.

Naina nodded and went upstairs when Dadi asked Munna to book a cab as it would take time to arrive.

Vishakha: Swati, Advait kaha hai?

Swati: Woh Naina ke room main so raha hai, mai le aati hu.

Vivek: Nahi Swati tum ruko, Sameer tum le aao Advait ko.

Sameer looked at Vivek who nodded his head hinting him to go.

Sameer: Ji.

Sameer agrees and he too climbs upstairs while Vishakha question him.

Vivek: Unn dono ko thoda wakt do Vishakha, hamare saamne vyakt nahi ho paaye honge…shayad akele mein ho jaaye.

 ***********************************

As soon as Naina reached her room, she opened her cupboard and broke down. She knew this was gonna happen, that this was their elders decision but still somewhere in her heart she did have some hope that their parents won’t agree with Panditji. However, now that happened and she couldn’t do anything  about it, as she didn’t wanna cross her parents. Just then she heard some footsteps and hastily wiped her tears; getting the bangles, she shut the door of her cupboard just to see Sameer standing at the door.

Sameer: Woh…main Advait ko lene aaya tha.

Naina hummed softly as Sameer stepped in and sat on the bed alowly calling out Advait’s name. Advait woke up at the fist call itselfand asked for his mom. Sameer told him that Swati was downstairs and Advait ran down. As Sameer got up he saw Naina standing at the same place looking at him. Both had their eyes locked with each other  which spoke a lot but the lips didn’t. Sameer inhaled deep and walked to leave when Naina called him. 

Naina: Sameer!!

He turned on his heels to face Naina, whose head was down and hand extended to him which had the bangles. He sighed  as he wanted to see her face….guess the last time but didn’t get to. He took the bangles and turned  hiding his tears and before he could step ahead , he felt two arms encircling waist from behind.

Naina could not control anymore and hugged him tight, breaking down. She was scared, scared of the life without him, the same way as he was. Tears made their way in Sameer’s case too. Even he didn’t want to let go of her. His heart cried painfully , thinking of this twist just before he could tell her that he was in love….with her.

Yes! He planned to tell her today to express his love, his feelings….and before he could do so, destiny played its game. Slowly he turned, to face her just to see her sob hard, hanging her head down.

He bit his lip to stop his sob and placed his palm on her cheek. Making her look up in his eyes, he nodded wiping her tears. She held his palm which was on her cheeks and sobbed more. He moved closer and kissed her forehead. She looked at him with welled up eyes and he cleared them too.

Smeer: Naina please!!

He said softly which was merely a whisper, to which she nodded trying to control herself but all in vain.

Sameer: Main jaa nahi paunga Naina.

Hearing his words, she wiped her tears.

Naina: Sorry!

Sameer: You ok?

Naina: Hmm.

Naina nodded and passed a small smile ….atleast tried to. They turned to go and saw Pandit at the door.

Pandit: Sab bula rahe hai.

Sameer loked at Naina and then walked down while Naina was still in the room, looking at his retreating figure. Pandit came near Naina and placed his hand on her head, she looked at him and he blinked. This was it, she broke down….again as Pandit hugged her tight; she cried her heart out.

************************************

Word count: 1671

Hey guys!

The next chapter's up. I know all are gonna hate me for this but it was needed, cause this is gonna make you'll strong for the twists coming up in the future chapters. And time  changes, be it good to bad or bad to good. Just keep hope.

Also please do vote and comment🙏

Love,
Shambhavi and Hemangi ❤