Chapter Two

"Holy mother of poop? Are you insulting the almighty mother Mary and calling her a piece of shit?" Clamping a hand over my mouth I gasped.

" that's not what I meant! " she laughed. Her feet were two inches above the ground. Her figure hovering over me. I stood up.
"This isn't creepy at all."

She rolled her eyes. "Your such a chicken, you honestly looked like a brave fearless type."

" and you looked like the alive breathing type. " I laughed at my own joke as she glared at me. Shrugging I head over to my suitcase. Grabbing a pair of comfortable pajamas, it was long due for a nice warm bath. The woman staring creepily observed me the whole time as I unpacked my things.

"Seriously, you don't know how creepy it is to have someone watching your every move. More like a....ghost."  I didn't even want to believe she was a ghost. But seeing with my own eyes, was enough proof. I don't need her consuming my body through my mouth, or in my dreams.

" The names Riley. I already know your name after hearing you and Erica. "  she took a seat on the creaky bed as I walked over to the bathroom.

"Well Riley, I am going to take a nice long shower, while you stay here and wait." I grinned. Finally a nice long shower after a horribly long day. I remember I  was in the garden planting flowers. I loved flowers, vegetables, trees, I love nature! I was planting lovely pink roses, and then my aunt and uncle called me. Told me to go shower and wear something decent because we were having a visitor. I remember just throwing on a pair of pants and a shirt not really caring to impress the visitor. I walked downstairs but after hearing my name I paused. Slightly looking round the corner I saw my aunt and uncle conspiring with a middle aged man. As now we know, the horsemen. A paper and pen was sat on the table, a bag of gold coins at their side. Confusingly I stepped into the hallway making my presence known.

I was confused to what they did to get that much money. We were a poor family. Barely surviving. They each worked two jobs as I stayed home and babysat.

"What's going on?" I asked. For some reason my feet just stay glued right where I was. I needed to take a seat and conspire and cooperate like an adult, but something was wrong I could feel it.

My aunt and uncles face held no emotion. The horsemen just....watching me.

My aunt stood up and grabbed my wrist firmly. "You will go and become a maid at the castle. I hope you know we are doing this for our family. We need the money." As if poison has touched me I slapped her hand away from me. Incredulously eyeing her.

" your selling me?! " I asked exasperated. "Selling me for money?? Is this how you honestly think this will help the family!!" I yelled becoming furious. " sure those coins will last! But we all know it will be gone before you know it! " My uncle had stepped in and slightly pushed me away from his wife.

Solemnly he did not make eye contact with me. That coward.
"Go upstairs and pack your stuff. Your leaving, and there's nothing you can do about it." He firmly stated making me pick up the vase that my little siblings made, and I threw it crashing hard against the walls, shattering into pieces.

" to hell I'll do that! My sister's and brothers need me! You guys know that! " My aunt's eyes were burning with rage as my uncle slid an arm around her waist, holding her firm to him.

"My children do not need you! They'll do fine without you! Pack your bags and leave!" She screamed.

Man her scream was like tires screeching the pavement.

"Fuck all of you!" I especially looked my aunty in the eye. "And fuck you for breaking moms promise!" We continued to stare at each other. She finally opened her venomous mouth to speak, her eyes now burning with unshed tears.