2|A Little Bit Bent

Harry James Potter spent most of Charms thinking about one Neville Longbottom.

"Harry, mate, you should tell him."
Harry rolled his eyes before squeezing them tight.  Ron gently guided Harry out of the classroom and to the Great Hall.

As they sat down in the Great Hall, Hermione slammed a book down in front of Harry.
"Um, Neenee? Why have you just shoved a book in my face?" Harry smiled before tapping his nose.
Hermione rolled her eyes affectionately, "I found a way for you to get out of the Tournament."
She paused dramatically.
Ron snorted, "Oh, do tell! It may just save Harry's life!"
Harry laughed at the sarcasm that soaked his words.
She huffed before continuing, " Well, because you are a minor, you cannot, physically, be magically binded to anything unless by choice. Because you did not enter yourself, you aren't binded to participate in the tournament!"

Harry practically screamed in triumph.
"Yes!" Harry grinned goofily and tackled Ron in a celebratory hug.

Harry and Hermione were sitting in Dumbledore's office.

Dumbledore drew in a heavy sigh.
"Though this may have worked in the past, the binding rules have been changed for this year's event. Because we had age restrictions this year, the binding contract was changed so that you all contestants were binded, no matter the age. This was because the age restriction was 7th year, not 17. This was because some possible competitors could have been 16."

"But professor, surely because I'm a, Dave is dead, minor, it is not legal to magically bind me, no matter what the rules. Not to mention, that Ron found something earlier that suggested the contract could be edited at any point throughout the tournament. He is in the library researching it. Surely, if this is true, you can edit the contract?"

Hermitage me practically fell into the seat next to Ron.
"Well, that whole conversation was useless. Dumbledore seems set on making you compete just as the others are. It looks like there is no way out of this!"