christmas

The next morning, James woke up early having a rough nights sleep after the previous night, worry overwhelming the tiredness

Deciding to join his mother in cooking everyone breakfast, he quickly picked up some sweatpants from the floor and a red top, messing up his already messy curls then took off towards the stairs.

On the couch, he saw his sister still holding onto Sirius who looked much more relaxed, both sleeping: a warm blanket sheltering them both from the cool winter air. 

Proceeding on towards the kitchen he could hear the faint melodies of a record and his mother's singing, not too loud for those asleep.

"Good morning, mother." James smiled, "May I help?"

"Morning, Jamie. Yes, darling, that would be lovely."

"What we making?"

"Eggs and toast as it is Sirius' favourite if I remember correctly." Euphemia responded, taking out each ingredient, "will you prepare the toast, please?"

As the two began to cook up breakfast, Fleamont prepared potions to help Sirius after getting ready for the day. He placed them on a counter in a room that was ready made for Sirius and decided to carve 'Sirius' room' onto the door just like he had for his other children's.

Fleamont followed the warm aroma, greeting his son and wife in the kitchen, "Izzy and Sirius not up yet?"

"They should be soon." James assured him.

"I don't want to wake them just yet," Euphemia decided, as she placed some toast onto a plate for Fleamont, "Sirius should be well rested after last night."

"That poor boy," Fleamont shook his head in disapproval, picking up a newspaper, "we won't have to worry about them now; he's staying here."

While the three Potters decided to eat, not letting their eggs and toast go cold, saving some for Sirius and Isabel, Sirius began to stir awake.

Slowly adjusting to the light, he realised he was safe. He wasn't in Grimmauld Place. Last night wasn't a dream. It was reality.

And he was happy. Finally happy.

Realising Isabel was still asleep, he gently pressed his finger onto her nose, waking her up as she crinkled her nose.

He watched as her eyelashes lifted revealing her ocean blue eyes.

"Hi." She mumbled as she wiped the sleep from her eyes, "Did you sleep well?"