(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟏) the boy who lived

Start from the beginning

"So what about Harry?" Remus continued, "if you're here... does that mean he's not?"

"Harry was in the gateway too" Athena furthered, trying to remember exactly what her friends had said, "not with me... in another part. Apparently he gets the chose whether to live or die thanks to my sacrifice. The horcrux inside him has been destroyed and now he's just Harry"

"So everything worked out better than expected?" Remus laughed in joy, "it's a miracle"

"I wouldn't say that" Athena smiled lightly, still holding onto him.

"You're a miracle" Remus reiterated, "if Harry's alive... and Voldemort is on his last legs... doesn't that look like—"

"Don't get ahead of yourself" Athena replied, watching out of the corner of her eye as those in the hall started to move the bodies. "Voldemort isn't done yet. Dumbledore always talked about his snake... he said Harry would have to know the truth once he started protecting the snake"

"So does that mean?"

"The snake is a horcrux" Athena confirmed, "I'm sure of it. Which means that the snake has to be killed before all of this can be won"

"He keeps the snake by his side... aren't there very specific ways to destroy a horcrux?"

"Yeah there is" Athena nodded slowly, "I hope Harry has a plan. He left Hermione and Ron with the task of the horcruxes. Maybe they'll be the ones to finish this... but once Harry gets out of the forest—"

"What if they try to kill Harry again?" Remus asked, "surely... once they realise he's alive"

Athena hadn't thought of that. Her heart started to beat a bit faster as she turned over her hand and stared at her palm. The brand was gone from her skin which meant her sacrifice was done. She couldn't save Harry anymore. If the death eaters tried to kill him again, there would be no stopping it.

"Remus" Athena looked to him in fear, "we have to go and help him, why didn't I think of that before?"

"Rena slow down" Remus warned her as she turned and started to pace towards the entrance hall. They'd done a good job at moving the bodies somewhere else. The great hall looked as it always did now. They must be expecting the fight to continue, otherwise there wouldn't be any need to move them so soon.

Just as Athena and Remus approached the doors to the nearly morning sky, she heard a terrible scream.

"NO!"

It was Professor McGonagall, standing limp with her hand over her mouth while Madame Pomfrey did her best to comfort her.

Athena followed her line of sight and saw them all standing in a horribly dark group. The death eaters had all made it over the bridge now. She couldn't find one who wasn't smiling. Voldemort walking ahead with his head held high, Nagini close to his side. Hagrid walked behind them, hard to miss as he towered over everyone else. Therefore it was impossible not to spot the body he carried in his arms.

"Harry Potter is dead!" Voldemort called gleefully.

"No!" Athena screamed in horror, trying to run forwards. Remus grabbed her arm, his hand shaking as he dragged her to a halt. Athena was shaking her head, vision blurred by tears.

Athena could hear a women laughing nearby, and knew that Bellatrix gloried in all the despair.

More people were swarming out of the great hall now upon hearing the screams. Athena and Remus walked down a few of the steps slowly. Athena was trying to get a better view of Harry as she could not believe it.