Prompt [12]

For @Lilithlilac63
Wordcount: 933

_________

[12] "Did you just kiss me?"

________

You and Lando have known eachother since childhood but sadly at the age of 11 you had to move away to Germany because your dad got offered a job there and you had to come with him since your parents are divorced and your mom decided to move to Ireland. He gifted you a picture of the two of you when you both went karting together for the last time before you left cause he wanted you to never forget him but ofcourse you wouldn't. "Please, always remember me. I will miss you a lot" were his last words before you left with your dad, giving him a goodbye hug.

You kept following his racing career all those years in Germany. One day you were just casually on social media, seeing that Lando has made it into Formula 1. "Oh my god, this is amazing!" You shouted in your room. You were really proud of him seeing that your childhood best friend has finally made his dream come true. You look at your lockscreen that is the photo of you and Lando karting for the last time, smiling as you look at it.

A few months later you were watching formula 1 you see Lando getting p1 in the race in Spain. You were really proud of him and when he got interviewed they asked him if his car had a name. "Uhm... my car is named after y/n my childhood bestfriend" he says being red like a tomato. You choke on your pasta being surprised. "Is this a dream or reality?" You say blushing watching the interview. You decide to send him a message on Instagram to congratulate him.

Instagram
Lando Norris ✔️

Y/N
Heyy, congrats on the podium <3 and I saw the interview of you saying you renamed your car after me, you really miss me aren't you? :)

*

You doubt Lando will reply so you decide to take some rest and put on your pyjama's aka a t-shirt and some shorts. You hop into bed falling asleep really fast. The next morning you wake up. You see you got a new message on Instagram seeing Lando has replied to you.

Instagram
Lando Norris ✔️

Y/N
Heyy, congrats on the podium <3 and I saw the interview of you saying you renamed your car after me, you really miss me aren't you? :)

Lando
Yeah, I really miss you :( can't you maybe visit the next race in Monaco? I really want to see you cause we haven't seen eachother in years 💞

*

You smile at your phone and text him back that you can and that you will order the plane tickets right now. After ordering them you see Lando replying back to you with "Awesome, and don't worry, I can pay the tickets for you. see you soon <3" blushing as you read it. You go outside and hike for a bit with the thought of realizing that you will see your childhood bestfriend after many years. "I can't believe this is happening" you say after you walk into y/b/n "your best friend's name"'s house. "Wait, you're kidding right, this is your literal dream" y/b/n says in excitement. "I know this all feels like a dream for some reason, like how is this even real like I'll literally see Lando for the first time again in years. I'm sure he still looks at handsome as when he was younger" you say falling down on y/b/n's bed. "I'm sure he missed you a lot" y/b/n says. You smile at the thought of him missing you. You look at y/b/n "You saw the interview right?" "Of what" y/b/n replies "He literally named his car after me" you say smiling and blushing. "Oh my god, did he really?" "Yes and it all feels like a whole dream for some reason"

5 days later you go into the plane realizing your about to meet Lando in a few hours still dreaming of the fact that your literally seeing him again after many years. You fall asleep on the plane waking up 1 hour later watching the tv on the plane waiting for the plane to arrive at Monaco. After the plane finally landed, you go step outside going into the lobby of the plane trying to see if you can find Lando there cause he said he will be waiting there for you. You are nervous and feel your stomach hurting because of how nervous you are. You see him waiting there for you and you call his name and Lando looks up at his phone and puts it away and runs to you and hugs you really tight feeling all of his muscles in his arm because of how strong the hug is. "I missed you so much" he says. You smile and reply with "I missed you too Lando" letting go of eachother, feeling so happy to see your best friend. You two stare into eachother's eyes, just there being silence and suddenly Lando leans into you and kisses your lips. You are in total shock. The kiss lasted a few seconds, it was short but you felt like there were fireworks around you when he kissed you. "Did you just kiss me?" You say looking into his eyes. "I think I did" he says all being a red blushing mess. You smile and lean him into another kiss realizing you had feelings for your childhood bestfriend all along.