The new student

Cygnus' mind had been filled with Azalea Peverell all year.

He was currently in his third year and one year older previous to the incident. At 13 years old Cygnus truly embodied his name. A true star. He shined brighter than his peers. He had been traumatised from the event and to the likes of Druella Rosier who was currently spending 15 years in Azkaban in the highest cell they have. The family Rosier name meant near nothing between the pureblood community as of right now. They had fallen from grace, Meahdora refusing to disown her daughter trying to blame Cygnus had run into an awful accident. She had been present in one of Grindlewald's raids and taken down with an organ boiling curse. At least that's what it's signed off as, but Cygnus knew this spelt Hesper Black all over it.

As Cygnus sat near his fellow Slytherin's a bit down the middle to signify his status in the Slytherin court (his older brother Arcturus being King, making him by default Prince) she had walked in. He knew that blood red hair anywhere. It seemed that his memories did  not do her justice. At the age of 13 she was a sight.

"Here comes another year, This year we have a new transfer student from Hecate's Academy of Magic joining the third years whom will be sorted shortly after the first years. Thank you." Headmaster Armado Dippet had spoken out to the hall. Cygnus could feel everyone's excitement.

Cygnus was all but beaming looking at his angel with a dazed expression of adoration and awe. It seems that many had noticed this seeing as many girls from Slytherin had scowled at her. Cygnus turned around so fast he would think he'd get whip lash he looked at his best friend Abramo Zabini shaking his shoulders wildly much to the amusement of his older brother staring at him as if he was mad. "Abramo! Look at her! That was the angel who had saved me at the party!"

This had gotten everyone's attention. That event was one of the most talked about pureblood events all year. It was a shock to find out the Peverell name was still alive and how she had given up the Black life debt which I may remind you was bound by magic just so Cygnus could put the evil hag behind bars. She was his angel. His parents had tried to find ways to contact her for a marriage proposal (which Cygnus may or may not have pushed) yet they couldn't find her. That's the thing no one could. Now seeing his angel in front of him he was over the moon. Many who had become victims to Cygnus's long rants about his angel could very well say the boy was whipped. It was a well known fact that a Black always chooses amazing women to marry. Seeing as that was an expectation for the Black family members many had tried to marry into the house of Black just for the title and name. 

"Azalea Peverell" Her name brought Cygnus out of the world of thought but into the world of reality. His head shot up and watched as she walked up with an ethereal amount of grace. As the hat had hit her head Cygnus watched her body movement. She looked a little stiff which was expected when sitting in front of the great hall. He found himself praying that she would be sorted into Slytherin with him. He could see the greed in the other's eyes, he wasn't stupid he too had grown up hearing the tales of the powerful Peverell family line. Their vaults were rumoured to be the oldest in Gringotts as well as the most wealthy line in Europe. Not to mention their family was a power house. If legend was true each brother had been granted a gift by Magic and Death themselves. Necromancy a forbidden and forgotten practice one with invaluable power, their family magic was supposed to be blessed by Hecate herself and they were gifted the speech of Parseltongue. Salazar Slytherin was said to be a descendant of the Peverells hence why the Peverells were even more loved by the purebloods.

"RAVENCLAW" The Ravenclaw table burst into cheers. Cygnus was very disappointed but her being in Ravenclaw was most likely for the best seeing the hungry looks on all of the Slytherins faces. Ravenclaw was neutral, he knew his parents would be just as pleased. As she sat down next to Amelia Shafiq a girl who majority of Slytherins approved on seeing as she was apart of the sacred 28. His angel was already making connections. He must've forgot he was staring at her because one second she's talking to Shafiq and the next she's staring right back at him.

His world felt as if it had stopped. His heart was beating miles per hour just by the smile on her face. He was in deep. His face was as red as a tomato he could hear his brother snickering at him. He smiled weakly at her receiving a big bright smile in return. He went into a daze for a few moments even after she turned back around to Shafiq. She was perfect. He was most definitely sure he was in love. He would have to write to his parents to see if they would be able to send in a fair marriage contract. If she was an heir of 2 houses she would have to get married at 16 having a child in a year. He didn't know if that was the case but Black paranoia gave him a hunch.

If only she would look his way again.

To Azalea's amusement Cygnus Black seemed to be infatuated with her. She didn't exactly plan for that to happen only to stop him from being wed to that dolt Rosier. But to say that she was upset about this current development would be a lie. She did find him rather dashing if she had to say so herself.

She would just have to see where life took her.

The fates were weaving their string.

word count: 1030