(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟑) cinnamon dreams

Start from the beginning

"Thanks Kenny" Athena smiled as she moved to the back door.

"Enjoy the wedding" Kennedy called after her. The word seemed to strike something in Athena's mind, she turned to Kennedy suddenly trying to act casual.

"Why didn't you come to my wedding?"

Athena had asked this question many times, always trying to catch Kennedy off guard. It never worked. Athena supposed it was rather impossible to catch Kennedy off guard. She always seemed hyper aware of what was going on.

"I'll tell you another time Rena, you're late" Kennedy pointed out. Athena frowned but decided this wasn't the best time to argue.

"Right, I'll see you when I get back" Athena replied simply.

"Yeah... see you" Kennedy said lightly with a small frown on her own face.

☽☽☽

Athena knew that Remus was skeptical about this. It wasn't safe for her to be here, especially not when there was a price tag on her head. She trusted everyone around her. The Weasley's had always been there for her. Molly and her had never seen eye to eye but they fought for the same cause. Athena respected the students that she had taught. She knew that no one at Elle and George's wedding would be willing to turn her in.

The spell that was cast around the beach created the illusion that it was summer. It left guests in a certain warmth that would never be achieved on a beach in England. Even the sand seemed a brighter shade of gold, the sea unrealistically blue. It was a perfect picture that almost wiped the reality straight from Athena's mind.

George was stood next to his brother and his friend Lee Jordan at the front of the created pathway. Athena sat on her own, hand still placed on her ridiculously large stomach. She sat on her own for the time being, until Remus made his way down from the stairs above.

The winding wooden stairs tangled down the side of the cliff. Athena could hear the waves rolling towards the shore. The serenity of a simple and timeless landscape. She was cast back to another time, another wedding just like this. Sirius and Kennedy had been married on the beach. She still remembered it as though it had been yesterday. Things weren't perfect then but they had been better. Athena couldn't remember if she'd had hope. She couldn't remember what hope felt like.

From over the cliff face, four figures appeared. The beginning of the congregation. All of the girls wore dresses of pale lilac with bunches of flowers in their hands. Athena had taught all of them at some point. Angelina Johnson, Alicia Spinnet, Lauren Bradley and Katie Bell. They all looked beautiful. Athena couldn't believe how grown up they looked.

All heads turned to stare at them as they walked elegantly down the stairs. Athena was amazed they didn't fall. She was sure that she would have done. The girls seemed to relax more once they'd made their way past the barrier of the magic into the warmth. Considering it was January, the cold was hard to bare without magic.

Once the girls made it through to the pathway, two more figures appeared at the top of the stairs. Athena's heart warmed as she saw Remus stood with Elle's arm hooked through his own. Elle had lost her parents, lost her father to walk her down the isle. Athena was glad that Remus could fill that position for her.

Elle looked ethereal. Her long, dark, curly hair flowed behind her back, some detailed plaits around the back of her head, two curls lying out to frame her face. Her skin seemed to shimmer in the sunlight. Her dress swayed beautifully around her. The perfect shade of white with pearl detailing creating a perfect pattern over the material.