Surprise adorns her face, before giving way to pride. "Wow, it's a great opportunity. I have never doubted her abilities. However, I am not the one to choose. You must ask her." A touch of sadness accompanies it. I guess the idea of ​​her daughter walking away doesn't appeal to her.

"Very good." I leave the room.

Skai Prisa has a future as one of the best generals. Only an idiot wouldn't want her on her side. I hope she accepts. She is a great inclusion.

-------------------------------------------------- -----------------------

I walk through the infinite corridors of the castle. I am on the lower floors. One turn and I find myself on a balcony. I take a deep breath. Clarke has literally fallen from the sky with the answer we needed. A little disrespectful the way she interacts with others, but her intelligence makes up for it. And her ego.

Voices take me out of my thoughts. I hide behind a column, before a familiar blonde hair appears.

"I tell you Roan, this time it will work." I look over and see that they carry several ropes and approach the balcony. They leave everything on the ground and begin to tie knots.

"You better, Clarke." He responds, threatening her.

"Ughh, as if you got the worst of it. You are already an adult, it is me who can still be punished." She answers, still concentrating on what she is tying.

"Well, you're right. You have more to lose." He raises his hands in defeat.

"Exactly. That's why I'll keep three-fifths of the tart. Be grateful that I do not claim three-quarters, but I was tempted." She says with mockery and superiority.

"But...." He tries to claim, but thinks better of it. "Good, okay. It's fair."

Clarke smirks at him, before tying the ropes. "Okay, tie it to the pipe."

Roan walks close to me, where a metal rod sticks out. It's weird, like they nailed it there on purpose. But it looks as old as the castle. The prince returns to the edge of the balcony with his sister. "Ready?"

"Since I was born," Clarke scoffs. Roan rolls his eyes. "Oh come on. You love me and you know it."

"Yeah, especially because you help me steal cakes." Clarke hits him and he returns it. Interesting, this is what a sibling fight looks like. They make plans together and then hit each other. Logical, very logical.

"Shhh, here it comes." They observe something under the balcony. "Well, operation cobra 2.0 is in progress. Phase one complete. Starting phase two." She seems to take very seriously stealing tarts.

"Be careful." her brother warns her.

Clarke rolls her eyes. "It's a fall from the first floor." My ass will hurt for a few days. Stop sentimentalism that I'm not going to war." They both shudder, they seem to remember something horrible.

Clarke passes one foot and then the other, holding onto the railing. Roan takes the rope and Clarke lets go. He begins to lower it, holding it and the metal spout preventing it from falling. My heart leaps to my chest. The last time I found Clarke doing a mischief, it was nothing more than a harmless joke. But this, this is another level. She could fall and get injured, but risks her safety in order to get a measly tart. And her brother encourages her. Poor Zarah, the things they should have put her through. Roan pulls the rope hard and Clarke grabs the railing again, but with a tart in her hands. A victory grin adorns her lips.

Suddenly a gasp is heard, as if it came from below us. "Ahhhhh! The tart has disappeared! A commotion occurs in the kitchens, screams and movement, trying to find the lost tart.