"Don't you ever scare me like that again, I thought you were some kind of a drunk pervert." I continued, waving my finger in his direction while throwing my shoes in the corner. I could've attacked him with my keys or punched him for God's sake. He could've at least warned me.

"A pleasant evening to you too." Niall finally said, neatly placing his shoes next to mine, before he pushed his glasses back on the back of his nose. It was cute and he looked absolutely adorable in his grey hoodie and with his red cheeks but I was still shocked by the fact he turned up and stood in my dorm room.

"Don't play clever with me Einstein." I grumbled, taking off my scarf and my coat, putting both on one of the chairs in my kitchen.

"How did you even get in here? I thought the caretaker controls everyone who tries to get inside." As far as I knew, he did. Even if you brought someone with you, you normally had to announce it at the desk. Niall trailed behind me, also putting the coat he wore over his hoodie over mine.

"I was a student here once." He simply stated, shrugging after I came to a halt, standing inches away from him. This had to be ages ago but this dorm existed for a very long time, it was possible Niall knew a few tricks and secrets. But how was he as a student? Did he party a lot? Or was he a quiet genius, always sitting at his desk and learning?

Were there as many girls secretly crushing on him as there were today? Probably.

Moments like those showed me how much time has passed since he graduated and how much he experienced in this time. Experiences I haven't made yet.

"You're awfully quiet." Niall watched me intently, caressing my cheek with his warm hand. I closed my eyes, giving into his touch.

Soon, I felt his breath getting closer and hotter until his lips met mine, greeting me with a soft and long kiss.

„Are you perhaps nervous?" I ignored the question after a little pause, kissing Niall once more.

„No, just surprised you're actually here in my room."

Liar.

My heart kind of weighed heavily since I stepped out of Claire's flat. I had stared at the app icon of tinder from time to time, hoping the white flame would go out, vanishing from my display and my mind.

I wanted Niall to be here however I couldn't think of doing something sensual. The thought of it made me weirdly uncomfortable and it scared the hell out of me. Our whole relationship was based on skin on skin, touches, dirty words and unspoken thoughts we both thought.I was far, far away, somewhere else, floating in between melancholy and incomprehension for myself.

I was nervous. Nervous about telling Niall he came here in vain, that I couldn't bring myself to sleep with him. Should I send him away? Should I tell him about tinder? About my fear I might never find someone like him?

„I keep my promises darling. Whatever you need me for, I'm here."

His words shook me to the core. Whatever I need him for, he was there.

Feeling incredibly bad for him, I left him standing in my kitchen, before walking into my bedroom, flipping the light switch and rubbing my forehead. This wasn't easy.

What made me feel so low all of the sudden?

I thought I couldn't control myself once I saw Niall, tearing his clothes off. But instead I was confused of my mood change, was sorry for Niall that he drove here in the middle of the night, just to be confronted with...nothing.

„Please excuse me, I don't know what happened I...just don't feel like it right now."

I admitted, sighing frustrated and turning towards my professor who followed me and kept quiet, showing me that he exactly knew what I was trying to tell him. He held onto the doorframe, his eyes showing me I didn't had to continue. He meant what he said. He was there for whatever I needed him for.