Prologue

Prologue

The little light in the room was flashing on and off. It was quite dark. It was 2am in the morning. The metal chair I was sitting in was really cold. The door cracked open and a detective came in. He looked at me and I looked straight at him. He put the folder down on the table and sat down.

“Do you know why you’re here?” He asked.

“You think I killed my fiancé.” I said bluntly. I didn’t care anymore.

“Correct.” He said. I rubbed my pregnant belly after feeling my baby kick. “Could you tell me how you knew Eric Anderson?” He asked.

“Why does it matter? He’s dead. I’m carrying his baby. Does it matter how I knew him and what our relationship was like?” I said bluntly. I was getting frustrated.

“I can see you’re upset Grace.” He said.

“Then why the hell are you questioning me and suspecting me? I loved Eric, we were going to get married. We were going to have a family and live happily ever after. Why would I throw that all away?” I asked. “My relationship between Eric and I is none of your business.” I finally said. I’ve wanted to say that since this whole questioning thing happened. The detective nodded. He looked at the screen glass and put his finger across his throat, indicating to stop the recording.

“We need to know the last few months of Anderson and the only person who was with him majority of the time was you.” He said. I gulped. I was always with Eric, no matter what. “We need you to tell your story, from the start.” That terrified me. “I know that is going to be painful but if you want to put away his killer as much as I do, then you will help me by telling me everything that happened in the last couple of months.” He said. He’s right. I want to find Eric’s killer and lock them away for a long time. He or she not only killed Eric but he killed me in the inside.