13| 𝑭𝒂𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑴𝒆𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒔

Start from the beginning

The figure pulls her up and helps her stand. Kaitlyn looks up to see an aged woman looking back at her with tears in eyes.

Kaitlyn gives her a confused look, not knowing who it was.

"Who are you?" she asks and the woman smiles at her.

"I am your mother," the woman says, "Catherine Hart."

"You...what?" Kaitlyn stammers, "you're my mother?"

The woman, Catherine, nods.

"I am. I didn't survive childbirth and your father was never around. I only got to hold you in my arm once before I lost you. But you've grown up to become such a strong, beautiful woman, sweetheart," Catherine says with tears in her eyes.

Tears pool into Kaitlyn's eyes, "how...how're you here then?"

"Here? As in, this supernatural plain? It's because I am one, sweety. I was a witch. A very powerful one. The same powerful magic that you now have," Catherine elaborated.

"But my magic isn't mine. It's Silas'. I got it when he resurrected me," Kaitlyn tries to reason but Catherine shakes her head 'no'.

"Whoever told you that lied to you. It's your magic, my magic, our ancestral magic. In our bloodline, when one witch dies, their magic is transferred into their offspring. I got your grandparents', you got mine, if you ever have kids of your own, they'll get yours after your death as well. Do you...have children?" Catherine asks and Kaitlyn nods.

"I do. Three kids- a son and twin daughters. They aren't biologically mine, though. And I guess I do have a biological daughter too, I don't know..." she trails off and Catherine looks at her confused.

Kaitlyn then elaborates her entire situation to Catherine.

"I see. I think it's time for you to wake up then. You have a lot of people to go back to," Catherine tells her with a smile.

"I...I can go back?"

"You are meant to. I think you were supposed to see me so you could learn more about yourself and know that you had a mother who loves you...loves you more than anything," Catherine reassures her.

"Will I ever see you again?" Kaitlyn asks as she cries, resting her head on Catherine's lap.

"You will...when you're ready to leave your people behind. I will be here waiting for you. But not now," she replies and Kaitlyn nods.

"From what you have told me, you have a lot of loved ones. People you'd die for, people who would die for you, people who love you to death. Like the man you were talking about...Nik, was it?" Catherine questions and Kaitlyn nods with a smile.

"So you go back to them and hold onto them for dear life this time. Live your life to the fullest and when you're ready, you'll come back here and I'll be waiting. But now, you need to wake up. Wake up, daughter of mine!" Catherine yells out for her as she slowly disappears.