She rose to her feet and patted his shoulder lightly. Whether it was in a comforting or challenging way, it wasn't obvious.

Yo, I can feel his heartbeat all the way from here.

"Don't worry," she said weakly. "You can do this, I guess."

Midoriya looked at her, a panicked look on his face, a silent plea for help.

Keiko smiled sadly, recalling the time during class all those months ago, when people laughed at him for being quirkless.

You're different now Midoriya. Show them that.

▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎

"You now have fifteen minutes to discuss your teams!"

Immediately, a crowd went around Keiko, suffocating her with requests to join her team or for her to join theirs.

Well, it is to be expected, since she got second place in the race. She had shown that she was more talented than everyone else, and now the freeloaders saw their chance at glory through her.

"Okay, one at a time!" She shouted, massaging her temples. No one paid mind to her statement as they kept coming closer.

"Let me join!"

"I would like to join your team please."

"We'll get it to the top with no problem with me by your side!"

Keiko had had it. Her head was pounding from the additional noises.

"Holy hell, SHUT UP!"

Everyone quieted down, all shocked by her sudden outburst.

"I'll choose who I want, and you're all making my headache worse so please, cut me some slack."

She walked away to god knows where, but the people were too surprised to follow. The quiet ones are always the freaks.

"OI NORTHERN LIGHTS!" Bakugou thundered over to the girl, grabbing her arm roughly and dragging her over to his team. They passed through the crowd that went toward Bakugou. "YOU'RE GONNA BE IN MY TEAM!"

Why he wanted her on his team, you may be asking, even after all his insults and distaste towards her? Well, he thought that by putting her on his team, she'll get a higher chance of getting into the final event so they can both fight against each other and he can prove that he was better.

Ever since he found out that she actually has a quirk, he's been dying to beat her, and that wanting has only grown when he found that she was Ninja, the one who saved him from the stupid sludge villain.

"Pom-pom, let go!" Keiko said as she pulled her arm free, rubbing it as it had started to hurt from the boy's vice grip.

Idiot, doesn't even know how to ask for someone to join them.

"Ko — Keiko!" Midoriya ran over to her. "Do you want to join us?"

Keiko smiled a little at Midoriya. 

"She's with me," Bakugou snapped, grabbing her arm once more, but gentler this time. Keiko was surprised he actually heard her words and loosened his grip.

"U — Um, Kacchan, she's obviously uncomfortable —" the greenette grabbed Keiko's other arm and tugged it lightly.

"She wouldn't team up with a loser like you, Deku," Bakugou sneered, tugging her limb with more force.