a success!

you were able to handcuff aizawa from behind while monoma was blending with the few illusions that the two of you created.

"that was awesome, y/n!"

"you guys work really well!"

a series of compliments and praises were said as you and monoma entered back to the observation room.

you rub a hand on your nape as you felt shy from the praises.

it was your idea to make illusion clones of you and monoma, while he strategized on how you will cuff aizawa and that he'll be the one confusing aizawa.

"we did great, y/n. let's meet at the bus stop at 2 later, okay?" monoma said with a smile.

he was genuinely happy. the two of you were able to pass the exam, the most important was, the two of you worked together to pass.

he was indeed joyful and he's trying his best to hide it in front of his and your classmates.

"sure!" you gleefully said and nodded.

after a few hours, it was already noon, and the performance exam ended with everyone passing.

"let's celebrate!" kirishima cheers. "how about tomorrow so we can all rest for today?" mina suggested since she overheard you and monoma that the two of you will be having a date today.

"let's do just that! let's celebrate with 1-b!"

"you're on!" tetsutetsu cheered and convinced his classmates to join the celebration for tomorrow.

"see you later, monoma." you said and waved as you entered the bus. he nodded and waved as well.

the two of you being excited was an understatement.

finishing the exams yesterday with ease, and passing the performance exam was already enough to make the both of you happy.

the date was a bonus and it made the pits of your stomach tingle with excitement. even monoma felt butterflies again at the thought of you asking him out on a date.

thanks to mina, your wardrobe wasn't that 'embarrassing' (according to mina) to wear anymore.

it didn't take you long to dress yourself up and you head to the door to wear your footwear.

"heading out, dear?" you heard your mother from the living room.

shit. i didn't notice them arriving early.

"uhm, yeah. i'll be meeting with a friend of mine!"

"that pink girl, mina?" your mother queries.

you gulped as you remained seated on the floor, it was as if standing up would mean the end of the world.

and you didn't like lying to your mother. "nope. it's monoma, mom."

your mother's eyes widened but you didn't see it since your back was facing her. "i see. have fun then!"

did she just say 'have fun' to me despite knowing i'm hanging out with a boy?

"thanks, mom." you smiled over your shoulder and you finally headed outside.

you let out a heavy sigh of relief. thank goodness it was only your mother who knew.

"where are you heading?"

your head shot up and saw the person you least wanted to see.

"dad... i'm heading out to treat a friend for helping me with the exams." you truthfully explained. but of course, you can't say it was a date.

"which friend?" your dad further queries and you oh so wished to be swallowed by the floor.

"monoma neito, dad."

your father continued to stare at you for a while as he was still thinking.

"where are you meeting him?"

"at the bus stop near school."

your dad was silent again as his eyes were piercing yours.

the date will be canceled i just know it-

"i'll take you there."

"huh?" your eyes widened and you doubted your ears.

"i said I'll take you to the bus stop."

"a pro-hero? riding a bus?" you asked and tilted your head.

"honey! what's taking you so long?" you heard your mother say.

thank goodness, my mom's a life saver.

your father huffed. "be back before dinner." he said and went towards the door. your mom was currently leaning against the door frame.

your mom gave you a wink and you grinned.

you mouthed a 'thank you' and left to finally have a date with monoma.