but you're not okay - Rafe

Y/n POV:
It's a shitty day, no sun, no sky, just gray clouds and a cool breeze. I pick myself up from my bed and head to the small bathroom in the hall.
I'm a pogue, coming from a long line of pogues. It's not bad, i don't think i could survive as a kook. they're all uptight and assholes... all except the king kook rafe cameron.

Believe me, that man can put on a mask that makes everyone think he's top shit, but i can see through it, i have seen through it.

The thing with pogues and kooks is that they're not meant to get along, but rafe and i are something else, like those platonic soulmates you read about, he knows everything there is to know about me and i know everything about him, including his drug problem.
I always knew there was a problem, even before he told me, is it bad? hell yes. was i gonna help him? of course. what are best friends for.

A blonde headed boy met me in the kitchen, along with the rest of the pogues, "you know, it's kinda freaky that you just keep coming to my house when i'm asleep," i comment laughing. Jj and john b stop fighting over the last of the beers and look at me. "Well if you hung out with us more often we wouldn't have to break in," jj sassed, i sigh and look at my feet, they don't know... of course they don't they'd hate me for it.
"Well sorry to burst your bubble but i need to go and so do you." they all groan and get up towards the door, "where are you going? we'll come!" john smiled down at me, i shook my head a bit too quickly, "NO! no, i'm going to figure 8, work keeps calling me for extra shifts," believable. right?

i lock the house up and leave towards the cameron house, rafe didn't call last night, he always does and it got me worried. i snuck in through the back door and jetted towards his bedroom to not be seen.

Walking straight in i see the mess he created, everything was on the floor, and he was curled up on his bed, slightly snoring.
"Rafe!? wake up, come on i know you can hear me." he turned to look at me, he didn't look coked up, so that's a good sign, but he looked dull, "easy there y/n, what are you doing?" i looked at him, trying to find something in his eyes to tell me what happened. "Rafe, you didn't call last night, your room is practically ripped to shreds, talk. now." He sat up and looked at me, "i'm okay, i swear! just wanted to redecorate," i shake my head and grab his jaw so he can't look away, "tell me now." i sternly tell him.

"my dads on my ass about not doing enough for the family, i'm trying you know? i just want him to be proud of me. It's okay though, i'm okay. It's not the first time it happened." i pull him into a tight hug, his hug felt like he was desperately trying to hold on. "but you're not okay, and that's okay too just let me help you like i promised." he let go and looked at me.

"i honestly don't know what i'd do without you"