𝟽. [ 'ʙɪɢ ᴅᴀʏ' ] ⛈️

Depuis le début

It's hard looking for her, especially in a ballroom, she could be any of these women. Luckily, the crowd started giving space in the center, that's when I found her.

She looks like a whole different person. On a daily basis, to me she looks like a noblewoman who's got nothing else but work on her mind. In the rain, she's an archon willing to sacrifice herself for the city. But right now, she's a princess as delicate as a flower in the cliffs of Stormbearer Mountains. It's as if today came right out of a novel.

She elegantly walks to the center with another man, both looking genuinely happy. The music changes and they both start to dance perfectly and smoothly in sync.

With the attitude she normally shows towards me, it surprises me far beyond to see her face rest and look as gentle as the light touches her skin.

Everyone is unique in Teyvat, yet somehow she stands out from the rest of us the most and I don't know why. I usually have an answer but she.. confuses me a little. But in a good way I suppose.

Once the music finally stopped after 2 minutes, the crowd gave an applause, Mr. Regenfall was especially happy.

As the people went back to enjoy themselves, I quickly make my way to (Y/N) before she disappears in the crowd. I took her wrist, giving her quite a shock.

"Diluc!" Her eyes widen but then suddenly cleared her throat. "I mean, Master Diluc. Welcome! So glad you could come" She bows down, acting all professional.

"What's with that attitude?" I raised a brow.

"We're surrounded by nobles, it is only proper to act professional"

How many sides does she actually have? Which side of her is the real (Y/N)?

"nevermind that" I shook my head and let go of her wrist, I gestured her to take my hand for a dance.

"there you are, Lady (Y/N)!" Another man disturbed my opportunity. It was of course, Raphael, wearing a very fancy blue themed suit with many gold accessories.

"Do you need something?" (Y/N) faces him, I quickly put away my hand.

"Yeah, we're supposed to dance" Raphael sheepishly scratched the back of his neck.

╔═════════════════╗
Author's POV:
╚═════════════════╝

A cold sweat dropped to your cheek. "right..." You looked at him unsure. You then realized you were in an awkward position, Diluc was also trying to dance with you earlier, now this.

Confused with who you should dance with first, you immediately made up your mind. "Sorry, I'm already tired after dancing with Alexander" You smiled, and glanced at Diluc to also let him know.

You left the two men to head to the garden to escape the awkward atmosphere. Now this seems familiar, it's as if this exactly happened in the novel you once read before.

The garden was lit up by crystal flies and fireflies to make the scenery seem complete. The relaxing sounds of the water splashing in the pond eases the atmosphere.

As you gaze at the garden, you heard faint noises coming from inside the manor. It must've been time for the cake. It doesn't really matter though, to your father, his birthday's aren't so special anymore now that he's had tons of them. It's only fun when you're young.

You finally felt relaxed, but not until you had a sudden thought that freaked you out a bit. "what if this was all part of Diluc's plan?! Once I'm gone, he'll take the opportunity to expose me, then I won't be able to take revenge because my family will be too disappointed to believe me!" Yeah you freaked out a little too much..

"you're always disappearing" A deep voice made its way to your ears. A sigh was heard afterwards.

"What're you doing here?" Somehow you felt relieved.

"I wasn't really interested in the ball" He looked away. "I just attended because I thought we could have a normal conversation" He leans on a pillar and gaze at the garden.

"We had multiple conversations! Isn't that enough?" You look up at him.

"I'm talking about getting to know each other"

Your heart skipped a beat, all this neat looking suit, for that reason? Maybe Diluc isn't exactly what the people say he is.

You let out a soft chuckle, "well, since we're here.."

____________________