PART 2

The sun began to set on the Mediterranean Sea like a mango ice cream melting. Lando lay on the beach, tired from the flight and tried to stay awake by resting his feet in the calm waves of the bay. All of his mates were hitting up the bar and Lando could hear the cheers over the music from here. His mind ticked over and started to remind him of his racing season so far. He was startled when a girls voice yelled from the jetty nearby.

"Heya, do you reckon you could catch my bow-line?"

Lando lifted his head, wondering if she was talking to him. He looked around to see if anyone else was willing to do it for him. Her little monohull was slowly motoring through the water, leaving rippling water to lap over his sandy feet.

"Yeah. You over there! YES! In those hot pink boardshorts."

He shook his head and pushed himself up off the sand. He jogged across the grainy sand and leaped onto the hotels old jetty which wasn't actually open for the public to use.

Lando had no idea what to do so he just stood there while she threw him the rope before jumping onto the wooden planks herself.

"Thanks." She beamed.

Her silhouette glowed in the hazy sunlight through the white cotton dress. She reached to Lando's hands and softly took the rope out of them. Glidding her small fingers along his as he let go.

"Do you live on this boat all by yourself?" He grinned.

"Yes sir. I've been around all of the little islands here lately. Thought I might relax here for a few days though. I heard that the people were nice."

She mesmerised him while she tied her boat to the little metal cleat.

Then she skipped past Lando towards the shore, leaving him standing next to her boat. She moved too fast for him to realise that she was leaving.

"Hey! You forgot to tell me your name." He yelled out, a little gobsmacked.

She spun around with a beautiful smile and her hair following, wrapping around her neck.

"It's Saila. See you around pink shorts."

And just like that she walked into the crowded open bar and disappeared.

-

It took Lando a few minutes on the wharf to fully comprehend what he had just witnessed. Or moreover who he had just witnessed. The walk back to the hotels open bar area was lined with fairy lights which glowed in the now dusk evening. He strolled his way back to the party but couldn't help glancing back at Saila's little boat. It was quite cute and compact, yet practical. It suited her.

"Where the hell have you been mate?" A familiar voice greeted Lando.

"Oh you know, just enjoying the sunset."

For the rest of the night Lando glanced around the place hoping to find Saila sitting by herself somewhere, wanting to invite her over to their table. But he couldn't find her anywhere. Maybe it was for the best. After all, he doesn't do girlfriends.

ANOTHER SHORT ONE BUT ITS GETTING REALLY EXCITED TO WRITE! I HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOY.