"Honey dinners ready-" her mother spoke as she opened her bathroom door, cutting herself off when she saw pregnancy test in her daughter's hand. Amanda turned around to face her mother, more tears immediately pouring down her face.

"Ma I'm so sorry.." she cried, allowing her mother to pull her into a hug. Her mother had also had Amanda when she was around her age.

Though she did want Amanda to do better than her, she also knew that everything happened for a reason. "oh honey you're going to be okay.. do you know who the father is?..." her mother asked hesitantly, not wanting to worsen the state her daughter was in currently.

"It's Jayson" Amanda cried out, mascara beginning to rundown her face.

《《《《《《《《《《《

ᵀʰʳᵉᵉ ᴹᵒⁿᵗʰˢ ᴸᵃᵗᵉʳ

》》》》》》》》》》》

Around three months after Amanda found out she was pregnant, she and Jayson had finally graduated from high school. To celebrate, the two decided to go out to dinner with their families.

"We really did it Amanda" Jayson hugged Amanda, rocking the two side to side. The two were sitting on the curb outside of Olive Garden, the restaurant the chose to eat at.

Jayson pulled away from the hug before smiling brightly at Amanda. "Alsoooo I'm qualified for the draft this year" tears welled up in her eyes as she hugged him tightly. "I'm so proud of you Jay"

She pulled away from the hugand wiped her tears, thinking to herself about whether now was the time. "Jayson... I-I have something to tell you" She spoke nervously, tapping her fingertips on her exposed thigh.

Jayson nodded his head towards her, signally for her to continue speaking. "Close your eyes please" hearing this Jayson grew nervous, not knowing what to expect once he could open them. Amanda went into her purse and pulled out the first ultrasounds she had gotten about 6 days ago.

She placed them in the palm of his hands and scooted back a little. "Open them" Jayson opened his eyes and looked at what lay in his hands. Instead of excitement, or happiness like she thought, Jayson's eyes were filled with anger.

He didn't want a child. He was too young in his own words. "Say something please" Amanda tried grabbing his hand but he pulled it away.

"Please tell me this is a joke" he spat bitterly, throwing the ultrasounds onto her lap and standing up. Amanda stood up as well, shocked at how he was behaving. "I'm dead serious Jaysoon"

Jayson shook his head and chuckled looking down at his shoes. "It's not mine then" Amanda was hurt. "W-what" her voice cracked and tears swelled in her eyes once again, not for a good reason this time.

"It's not mine Amanda!" he raised his voice at her, catching the attention of some pedestrians who were passing by. "Jayson you were my first and my only body!" tears threatened to spill out of her eyes as she looked at him angrily. How could someone so smart be so fucking stupid.

"You were probably outside being the hoe you are or some shit, not like that would be new or anything" no one had ever made Amanda feel the way that she did now, and she hoped that no one else ever would. "Fuck You Jason Tatum" she stormed off inside the restaurant to grab her purse and keys.

Luckily, their table was right by the door. Ignoring the calls from her and Jayson's parents, as well as her brother, she walked out of the restaurant and began her drive back home.

《《《《《《《《《《《

That was only the beginning of her Journey as a Single Mom.

____

ᴰⁱˢᶜˡᵃⁱᵐᵉʳ
ᵀᴴᴵˢ ᴮᴼᴼᴷ ᴵᴺᶜᴸᵁᴰᴱˢ ᵀᴴᴱ ᶠᴼᴸᴸᴼᵂᴵᴺᴳ;

ᴬᵍᵉ ᴳᵃᵖ
ˢᵉˣᵘᵃˡ ᶜᵒⁿᵗᵉⁿᵗ
ᶠᵒᵘˡ ᴸᵃⁿᵍᵘᵃᵍᵉ
ᴬᴺᴰ ᴹᴼᴿᴱ