Chapter 2

I rode my bike threw the woods, to Mr.Munroe's house. Mr.Monroe's house was a cozzy log cabin. There were no curtains, but looking threw the window, the little cottage had a fire place and fancy furniture. Tommy and his uncle stood in the living room with the craziest smilies on their faces.

        "So, Shirley, wanna see something?" Mr.Monroe asked

        "Absoloetly! I cried with exitment.

Mr.Monroe lead Tommy and I to the kitchen. On the table was something covered in a blanket.

        "What's that?" I asked Mr.Monroe.

Mr.Monroe didn't reply to my question, instead, he looked at me as he took the blanket off the object. When he finally showed us the thing under the blanket, my eyes widened.

        "Oh my!" I sighed. " It's our town!"

        "Shirley, look! It's the school, the bakery, and even the park!" Tommy cried.

when I came home, dinner was ready, and my father asked me what I did after school. He then brought up a serious topic.

        " So, did you hear about that blood sample found on a hat? The police found it in a baseball park.Well it was traced back to Tennisha Banks." My father said, right before shoving 2 spoonfuls of mashed potatoes in his mouth.

"Was there a body?" My brother, Michael, asked. He had a crush on her since he was in grade 6!

" Well, were there's blood, there's a body!" Cory, my other brother said in a mocking way to Michael.

All through dinner, Michael talked about Tenisha, and how lovely she was.It got to the point where I had gotten so angry of Michael's obsession, that I blurted out " Nobody gives a fuck about how beautiful YOU think Tennisha is!  Tennisha is nothing but a bully! She's made my life a living hell and she's nothing but a bitch!

My father looked from suprized, to down right ugly. " Go to your room...NOW!" He screamed. My lip quivered, and I began to cry.

I snuck out of my room, climbed out of my window, on to the roof, and down a vine covered ladder. I walked for hours...just thinking. I stopped in an alley and sat on some crates. I had company with a stray cat. Finally, a noise starteled the cat, and caused him to run away.

I put my hands on my face and began to pout. I wished I had never ran away. A hand was placed on my shoulder. I jumped up!

"Please my dear, don't cry." The stranger said in a friendly fashion. He was very tall, with blue eyes like a sea after a storm. I looked into his eyes and felt as if I had known him for all my life.

" Oh, I'm not crying, I'm just...mmm." I said, whiping away my tears.

We exchanged looks for a half of a second. For hours, we talked. I loved his sence of humour.

" What's your name, by the way?" I questioned him.

We had been talking for so long, that we never bothered asking each others names. Politetly, he shrugged. " It's Hunter." He said with a twinkle in his eye. Hunter then asked, " so, when are you 'posted to be home?"

I played my coy, and responded " Whenever I want!"

Hunter pulled out a cigarrette, and popped it into his perfectly red lips. I looked at him with great fasionation. "What," he said " you want one?"

Again, very casually, I told him "ok."

For a while, we talked more. " Hunter, I really enjoyed talking with you." I said as my cheeks turned rosie red. It was twelve o'clock in the morning, and I was very tierd. Hunter and I never ran out of things to say.

        I woke up at 6, and looked at my wrist-watch.

" Six o'clock?" I screamed.

        Hunter woke up and yawned " I had a good time talking to you."

        " I did too." I replied in a hurry.

        " By the way, what is your name?" Hunter raised an eyebrow.

        " It's Shirley. Can we maybe to this again sometime? Ten o'clock sound good?" I rambled.

        " Ok, I'd love that." Hunter said affectionately.

        I blew a kiss, then ran back to home.