CHAPTER 1: UNKNOWN POWER

In 1995 rural Texas, an eight year-old pale-skinned girl with long black hair named Trisha is in her bedroom, playing with her dolls. In the kitchen, her parents, Marshall and Lori, are having a heated exchange.

Marshall: Lori, the neighbors have been complaining. We have to do something now!

Lori: I know, but this is a little extreme.

Marshall: She could've killed their dog! You saw what happened!

Lori: But she didn't mean it! She's...she's just--

Marshall: (interrupts) Look. It's done, okay? We've gotta nip this in the bud right now.

Marshall goes into the kitchen drawer and pulls out a pair of scissors. He then proceeds to Trisha's bedroom. He opens the door and sees her still playing with her dolls.

Marshall: Trisha?

Trisha turns around and sees Marshall with the scissors. She frowns, puts down her dolls and sits in a nearby chair. Marshall gently pulls Trisha's hair back.

Trisha: Daddy, do we have to?

Marshall: I'm sorry, princess, but we have to cut it again.

Marshall goes to cut Trisha's hair, but a bundle of it smacks the scissors out of his hand.

Marshall: (angrily) Trisha…

Trisha: I didn't do it. I swear.

Marshall picks up the scissors and tries again, but the same bundle of hair takes the scissors away and slices Marshall's right hand.

Marshall: OWW!

The bundle of hair drops the scissors. Trisha starts panicking.

Marshall: Fine. Have it your way.

Marshall rushes out of the room and goes into the bathroom to get his electric clippers. Lori tries to stop him.

Lori: No, Marshall, don't.

Marshall shoves her out of the way and goes back to Trisha's room. Trisha gets out of the chair and backs into a wall as her father slowly approaches her with the clippers.

Trisha: Daddy, please don't.

Marshall: Now, Trisha, it's for the best. Come on now.

Trisha starts crying as Marshall moves closer. Out of nowhere, two bundles of Trisha's hair each grab one of Marshall's hands.

Marshall: God….dammit!

Lori watches from the doorway in shock.

Trisha: Stop it! Please!

A third bundle of hair shoots out and grabs the clippers from Marshall's right hand.

Trisha: No, don't!

The bundle of hair turns on the clippers and jams it into Marshall's neck. Lori and Trisha scream as blood sprays all over the room. In a matter of seconds, Marshall drops to the floor, attempting to grab his throat as the blood continues to flow. Lori runs in to help as Trisha's hair goes back to normal.

Lori: Trisha, what did you do?!

Trisha: I didn't mean it!

As Marshall loses consciousness, Trisha runs out of the room and out of the house.

Lori: Trisha! Wait!

Lori chases after Trisha, who runs into woods as fast as she can until she disappears from her mother's view.