Michelle however, stared in shock at the action, her eyes turning to look at a happy Maeve. She had got to be joking.

"The wee babe, has a new favourite!" Caoimhe called as she entered the room, everyone still smiling sweetly at the pair.

"A poor choice, might I add" Michelle spoke, not long after getting a smack upside the head, from her mother.

"Ach, you shut up".

Aisling took no time to invite the family into the kitchen/dining area, dinner being finished right on time. They all took their seats at the table, as Aisling and Cillian began passing around the plates of food, Maeve sitting between Michelle and her Ma. James sat across from them, a rather love-struck Nessa sitting right beside him happily.

Maeve watched James interact with Nessa, everyone surrounding seeming to be in their own conversations. The 5 year-old smiled as she spoke, James seeming to know exactly what to say to keep her engaged— which was strange because he couldn't even do that for people his own age. Ness was completely infatuated with him, for reasons Maeve had no idea why. But she really wanted to find out.

"One of our babes has a wee crush on the limey" Caoimhe sang as she nudged Maeve, the girl's eyes widening to the size of saucers.

"Wha?" Maeve cried as she choked on her water, the drink slamming back on the table harder than she expected. The group looked at the girl with a concerned expression, Michelle patting her on the back as she choked.

"Nessa?"

"Oh, aye!" She replied, letting out a booming laugh, everyone's faces filled with confusion from the sudden outburst. What on earth was she doing?

"These are very good potatoes Mammy!" She chuckled, trying ever so hard to stop the stares coming her way. "You do something different with them?"

"No same as always Maeve" Aisling replied with a fake smile, her eyes glaring at the poor girl to stop whatever she was doing. She knew something was up.

"Aye, these are good spuds Ms. O'Hara" Michelle chimed in, thankfully taking the attention off of the now red-faced ginger.

One by one, everyone agreed with Michelle, thanking Aisling for the wonderful dinner. Maeve blew a strand of hair out of her face that had managed to get in the way sometime during her panic, thankful the situation had ended. However, as she looked up, she was met with the concerned glance of James, the boy having no idea what had just happened. And frankly, neither did the O'Hara girl.

Maeve brushed some strands of her hair from out of her eyes. God, she was sick of attending assemblies with Jenny Joyce performing in them.

"Come on, come on, come on to fuck!"

Michelle was basically foaming at the mouth as Sister Michael read out the announcements. Hell, they all were. The group itching to know where this years Euro Trotter's trip would be held.

"Notice from Mr. McCauley. This year's destination for the Euro Trotter's trip will be, dramatic pause-".

The whole school let out a confused groan at Sister Michael's words. This lady-

"Shite on a stick!" Maeve muttered, earning a confused glance from James, and rather impressed one from Michelle.

Both Sister Michael and Mr. McCauley were bickering with hushed voices on the stage about the announcement, the entire school growing more and more impatient.