Chapter 92: I Love You for Infinity*

Start from the beginning

"Fuck. I need to—" I huffed running towards the bathroom and throwing up into the toilet. Ugh, just when I thought this rubbish had stopped. I could not continue like this. The constant nausea due to the war.

It felt like vomiting out my soul and Sirius quickly approached me, fisting my hair and crouching down next to me. This has become our ritual somehow.

"I thought this has stopped, huh?" he asked, more himself I guessed. Worry and pain laced his voice. With his other hand he rubbed soothing strokes to my back, whispering sweet somethings to me.

"I thought so too. I don't know maybe I...maybe I...maybe...I ... Wait a second. Oh my...shit...wait," I stammered, lifting myself up on the toilet seat. I quickly washed my mouth out then I looked at Sirius with a slightly panicked look.  He stared back at me concerned, an irritated expression plastered on his face.

I quickly ripped the bathroom cabinet open.

Two packages of pads.

Untouched. Closed. Fuck.

I thought my period came so irregular because of the war, because of the stress the war put on me. But now—

"What is it?" Sirius stammered, approaching me and looking into the direction into which I was looking.

"Do you...Are you..Do you think you...are?" he stammered, his hand moving to my hipbone. "What day is it?" I breathed out, staring at the pads. "October 30th?" 

"October 30th," I repeated.

It was due. Two weeks. It should have arrived two weeks ago.

"I think so," I breathed out, not knowing how I should react. My knees felt wobbly all of a sudden while my fingers started to tremble and tumbled forward, against the bathroom sink.

Pregnant.

The word hollowed through my completely empty mind. It bounced of the walls inside my head, dashin right to my heart, making it ache.

"I know you did not want a child during war and everything, but you have no idea how happy this makes me right now," Sirius breathed into my shoulder, before swirling me towards him. I smiled. A weak smile. A forced smile.

I was so unsure. Could I be happy?

"We have to make a test. I want certainty. I could be wrong," I huffed and he hugged me tightly. "I'll get you a test, you stay here. I'll be right back," he said, turning away and sprinting outside. Before I could say anything he was already out of the door. Honestly, Sirius?

I just stood there, staring a hole into the wall opposite to me.

Pregnant? Pregnant!

I was 20. Sirius would soon be 22. Just in a few days, actually. But parents now?

Well, not now.

In a few months. But still.

At least I was not 19, since my mum feared that I would get pregnant at 19...

◇ ◇ ◇

"Positive!" I beamed, all worry had vanished. We could do this. Would manage this. Sirius and I would manage that.

"Sirius, the second one is positive too!" I shouted running out of the bathroom. I did two tests one right after Sirius returned and one a few hours later. He quickly lifted me up, spinning me around.

"I cannot believe my luck. Just imagine it will be a boy and he can always play with Harry. Harry will be like his older brother. Or it will be a girl, and Harry can still be like an older brother to her. Or they start dating. And Prongs and me will be family! Like more family than we already are!" Sirius blabbered, while he carried me over to the couch.