Chapter 1

Phew! I made it with ten minutes to spare. I just made it to the bus stop to drop me off at Stanford University (I got a scholarship.) I don't have enough money to buy a car so I take the bus.
I sit on the bench and take out a notebook and a pencil. My English teacher told us to write about a tragic yet happy love story.  One student in my class raised his hand to ask a question, but the teacher looked at him and said it can't be about Romeo and Juliet. The student put his had down quickly, embarrassed. She assigned this to us yesterday and said it was due after summer vacation which started in 2 weeks.
 I haven't thought of a good enough story even though its due in three months. I like to finish homework early and since finals are over I don't have to study as much. But the problem is that I'm not exactly a creative person. Yeah I got a scholarship but it was for Astronomy. Otherwise,  I don't have a creative bone in my body.
A

s I was chewing on the bottom of the pencil, a habit I have when I'm frustrated or I'm concentrating, I suddenly felt a strange sensation. It was as if my body was being pulled by an invisible rope. I immediately look up and saw the most handsome man I had ever laid eyes upon on the sidewalk.

His hair was a beautiful shade of orange, gold, and brown. His skin was porcelain white. His face looked as if it were chiseled out of the finest stone. But I was too far away to see his eyes. I was drawn to him and couldn't look away, but forced myself to. As I looked around, I noticed everyone else was staring at him too. He had this powerful aura around him, as if he were more than just a human. That's impossible I thought to myself as I shook my head.
  I noticed a pretty woman about my age next to the beautiful man and they were holding hands. They look so happy... Is that his girlfriend? Wait! Why am I thinking about this?! That isn't my business! They're absolute strangers to me.
As I was arguing to myself internally, the woman walked inside a store and the man stood outside waiting for her. Suddenly, the man and I made eye contact.
It's as if I were frozen to the spot. I couldn't look away from him. He didn't break eye contact either so we just stayed there, looking at each other in the eyes. But I still couldn't make out his eye color....
Just then the bus pulled up and blocked my view of the mysterious man and I was grateful. I let out a long breath. I don't remember holding my breath. I walked into the bus and sat at a seat in the middle. There were a couple of other students that went to Stanford on the bus, but they all were all couples.
When I looked out the window, the woman and the man were both walking down the sidewalk. They were talking and the woman looked flustered while the man just smiled wickedly. I turned my head back to the head of the bus felling like a stalker. But curiosity got the better of me and looked out the window again. But the man and woman were gone as if they vanished into thin air. They couldn't have walked that fast.
I took out my iPod and plugged in my ear phones. I pressed shuffle and the song "Can't Remember To Forget You" by Rihanna and Shakira plays. It's such a coincidence because I can't stop thinking about that beautiful man. What I didn't know at the time was that by meeting this man would change my life forever. And I still didn't know the color of his eyes...