03| 𝑶' 𝑪𝒉𝒊𝒍𝒅𝒓𝒆𝒏

Start from the beginning

Josie immediately nods and follow along, reluctantly while Lizzie wears a confused look of on her face

Mom then walks out of the kitchen and Lizzie speaks up, "okay what the hell is going on? How do Ryan and Josie know something I don't? this isn't fair! Dad, tell us what they did!" Lizzie complains.

"Honestly, I don't think I should. I understand Ryan's case but Josie, how do you know about the Mikaelsons?" Ric questions.
Josie looks down at the question, "um I...I read about them in mom's journals as well as Uncle Stefan's," she admits guiltily.
"That wasn't right of you, sweetheart. You know if your mom wanted you guys to know about this, she would've told you by herself. You don't need to go snooping around and invading her privacy to do so," Ric reprimands.
Tears pool in Josie's eyes as she apologizes.
"Apologize to your mom, she's the one you guys hurt," Ric says as he walks out of the room as well.

"Okay enough! We can all go apologize but at least tell me about the crime first! Ryan, Josie, tell me what they did to mom!" Lizzie demands.
Josie and I exchange a knowing look and I let out a sigh before looking back at Lizzie.

༆☼︎☾︎ꨄ︎☽︎☼︎༆
Kaitlyn's POV

Today has been a long, frustrating day. All I want to do now is get into bed and get some rest before the cycle continues into tomorrow. As I get out of the shower and change into my PJs, there is a knock on the door and Lizzie's chocked up voice follow, "mom, can I come in?"
I get up and open the door for her. Lizzie wastes no time and pulls me into a tight hug as she cries on my shoulder while whispering a series of 'I'm sorry'.

"Shh, it's okay it's okay

"Shh, it's okay it's okay. We're all fine," I whisper back and when she finally backs away from the hug, she holds onto my hands for dear life.
"What happened, sweety?" I ask her in a soothing voice.
"I...I got Ryan and Josie to tell me about the Mikaelsons," she answers and I let out a sigh.
"I'm sorry for all you had to go through, mom and I'm sorry I asked them about the Mikaelsons even when you didn't want us to know about it," she continues.

"No it's okay. It's not that I didn't want you to know. I just thought you didn't need to. Whatever happened is in the past and yeah it hurt back then but those events lead to some of the best things in my life. Meeting Chris and Ryan, having you and Josie, opening the School with Ric, having a family of my own and what not. These are all blessings that made their way into my life after those events and in the end, I'm thankful for how things turned out," I answer.
Lizzie slowly nods with a small smile on her face. I wipe a few stray tears away from her face, "now we should all get some sleep," I tell her.
"Can I stay here with you, please?" she asks.
I nod, "yeah sure thing, sweety," I reply as we both lie down and gradually drift off to sleep.