Chapter Fifty Three

Start from the beginning

"It's fine, Christopher. I'm actually treating your sister."

He sighs, and walks over to me again. Rubbing my bump.

"Good morning, sweetie."

"Chris, I have to go. I'm running late."

"Then let me get ready and I'll drive you." He pleads again, trying desperately to fix this tension between us.

"I'm walking there, it's around the block." I'm quick to say.

It really was around the block. The same street as Chris's apartment - just a 5 minutes away.

"Listen, y/n, baby, I'm sorry okay? Why can't you accept my apology?"

Chris cups my face in his hands, rubbing my cheeks with his thumbs slowly side to side.

"Because it's a lazy ass apology."

Was all I said before I let go of his grasp and slammed the door, just like he did to me last night.

Then, I walk down the hall to the elevator. And text Carly that I'm on my way.

My walk there was short and thankfully there weren't any paparazzis anywhere.

I arrived to the nail salon, which in Carly's opinion is the best of the best here in Boston.

When I opened the glass door, the bell above it jingled.

It was a very nice and clean salon. They had white flowers around, matching with the chairs which were grey, the walls were crisp white, the floor was marble and lots of decor like hands with beautifully painted nails.

It smelt like a new car in there.

"Hi, welcome! Did you already make an appointment or are you walking in—oh my god!"

The girl at the reception desk stopped her sentence when she looked up at me. I guess this sunglasses really don't do anything.

"You're, you're Y/n Evans!"

I blush slightly at the name, it sounded nice when she said it.

"Yeah. Hi!" I smile sliding up my sunglasses from my eyes to the top of my head.

"I-I loved your work in Chaos Walking! Great movie!"

I realized that I haven't done a movie since the avengers and I realized that I literally forgot I even did Chaos Walking with Tom way way way back when.

"Thanks!" I smile at her, she was young maybe around 17. And very nice.

"Um, what can I do for you? Everything is opened. All the techs are here." She says.

"I'm actually meeting my sister in law. I did have a reservation for 9am."

"Oh yes! Right this way, Mrs. Evans."

"Call me Y/n, please."

On our way to wherever Carly was, the girl kept staring at me and my abdomen area. I think she knows.

I clear my throat and try my best to move my dress so the bump isn't as noticeable.

"Do you think after you're done with your nails, that we can take a photo?" She asks.

"Sure, we can take a selfie! For sure." I reply.

"Here you are.." she motions her hand to a section of the salon that was hidden from the front entrance.

"Thanks," I'm just about to turn. "And if my husband comes here, tell him we already left. Just between me and you."

I mention, so she doesn't go telling the media our business.