02| 𝑬𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑯𝒂𝒔 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒅

Start from the beginning

"There you are!" Kol says as he gives me a tight hug and whispers into my ears, "it's gonna be okay. I'm here for you, doll," before we pull away from the hug.
He then stands next to me and looks back at his entourage.
"So I guess introductions are in order, then. This is my beautiful wife, Davina. She was so excited to meet you that she dragged us here before the others were ready to head out. Moving on, this is Freya but I guess you already knew that and this! This is my dearest niece and your future-student, Hope."

"It's so fine to finally get to meet you!" Davina beams at me.
"Yeah, I agree. It's great to finally be able to put a name to the face my uncles and aunts won't stop talking about," Hope joins in with a smile. She has the Mikaelson smile, I must say. And they told her about me? What did they tell her about me? Now, I'm curious but I decide to push out the thoughts for now.
"Trust me, the please is all mine," I reply to them with a smile.

"By the way, congratulations on the wedding," I say as I turn to Davina again

She thanks me and Kol continues, "yeah you're about a few years late but thanks. Now where's the wedding gift?"
I playfully roll my eyes at him, "I am your gift, Kol. Isn't that what you told me too when I asked for my gifts?" I ask with a raised brow.
He rolls his eyes at me, "you and your good memory. Pathetic."
We all laugh at his remark.

Just then, I see them. The rest of the entourage walk in through the entryway. My breath hitches in my throat as my eyes land on him. I don't think they've noticed me yet as a pillar is blocking their way.

I quickly turn to Kol's direction, "right, well I have a welcome speech to make. So I guess I'll see you guys afterwards for the tour. Alaric, here, will keep you company till then," I give them a smile and leave the group, walking towards the auditorium.

Phew. That was a close call. I get up on stage and stand by the podium as the school bell rings and people rush into the auditorium from all directions and settle down into the chairs set opposite the stage.

"Good Morning, everyone. Welcome back to school for the 2028 session. It's so good to see you all again after summer break. I hope this year runs as smoothly for all of us as the past ones have. To the seniors, you know how things work around here. I ask you to be welcoming towards the newer students and help them navigate around campus. The teachers are always around for any questions any of you might have. Same goes for me and Headmaster Alaric. Our offices are always open for you," I continue, "well then, without further ado, I guess it's time we officially start the first day back to school. Go be the exceptionally magnificent bunch that you are!" I finish my speech and the students burst into cheers, as they all walk to their classes.

I look around and don't see any of the Mikaelsons around so I guess Ric didn't lead them here. With that thought, I take in a long breath and release, trying to calm my nerves and then back into the hallways.

After looking for them for a while, I find them outside the library. I guess Ric started the tour without me then and it's a good thing he did because now I get to skip all the awkward greetings this way.
I join the group as Ric tells them all about the facilities we offer from our libraries.
"There's over 2000 volumes of books present here, practically on all kids of supernatural that have ever existed. Journals, grimoires, biographies and what not. It's all present here and assessable to students," Ric tells them.
"Yes and most of these were kind donations from people who wanted to be a part of the school in some way or the other, although most of these come from Damon Salvatore and his sources," I chime in, making my presence known.
All their heads quickly snap towards me and the newly added members of the entourage all look at me as if they've seen a ghost.