(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟗) under the tower

Start from the beginning

"Go back to your—"

"Athena!" She turned to see Aurora and Minerva running towards them, "what's happened"

"Draco Malfoy has death eaters in the castle" Athena explained, "they've gone towards the astronomy tower but we need to wait for backup. We don't know how many there are"

"A lot based on the footsteps" said Ginny.

"Weasley, Longbottom and... Weasley go back to your dorms at once" McGonagall said sternly, "I shall send a message to the teachers telling them to go to the dorms and protect the students"

"You've sent a message?" Aurora asked, "to the rest of the order?"

"I've sent a patronus, they should be arriving at—"

"What's going on!" A voice came running. Athena turned to see Tonks and Bill running along the corridors towards them. Tonks hair had turned dark in the situation.

"A breach in the castle, Athena was must act now!" Minerva stated, "we must protect Hogwarts, that is our duty to the school"

"I don't want to send us into a losing battle" Athena continued. She needed to know if Dumbledore was back. Until he was there, death eaters would be angrily swarming in wait. Why did he choose tonight to leave the castle?

"Do you know why they're here?" McGonagall asked and for a moment she wanted to tell her. However she couldn't. Athena had been given a job to do and if she were to lead the order she had to trust that Dumbledore knew what he was doing. That he'd only told Snape and Athena for a reason.

More running footsteps had arrived. Athena turned to see Remus followed by Elle and the Weasley twins. She wasn't sure why they were here but she didn't question it. They needed as many people as they could get.

"Remus" Athena sighed in relief. Remus didn't seem as happy to see her but she supposed he was confused. His face riddled with questions.

"I've told you three, go back to your—" McGonagall began before they heard a loud crash.

"Come on!" Tonks yelled as she started to run towards the astronomy tower. Athena sighed before she followed. She couldn't convince the students to stay behind even if she wanted to.

They were waiting for them. Spells greeted them immediately. Flashes of light all around. Athena was shocked by it all as she started to cast her own spills into the mix. From that moment everything became a whirlwind of confusion. She couldn't look around to see how the others were doing. They were guarding the stairs to the highest point of the tower which meant that Draco was up there already.

Athena found herself duelling Bellatrix with cold fury. Her face was alight with malice and she laughed with a screech that could challenge the sound of a bird cry. Their wands moved fast as light. She saw red, green and purple flashes all around her but she kept her gaze tuned to Bellatrix.

She only saw Sirius when she looked at her. Not because their close relation gave them the same dark hair and structured face but because Sirius had died because of her. This made Athena more furious than she could convey. When she cast spells, curses and enchantments she sent each one off with the loss of her best friend and watched as they smashed into the other flashes of light around them.