-Chapter Thirteen-

Start from the beginning

I planted myself down on the floor. A solid stone floor. Harsh and cold but it allowed me a small moment to just regather myself as I pushed my head against the brick pillars. I looked up at the ceiling and rafters. What the devils was going on? That was the only question on my mind. The Colossal Titan. The breach. The screams. The screams. Stop. I had to stop myself from focusing on their screams. I instead focused on the cheers. I had instinctively grabbed my pendant. Rubbing my digits over it. It was warm. A warmth I had long forgotten.
"(Y/N), are you ok?" I opened my eyes, Armin sat in front of me, I glanced to the side of him. Mikasa stood, her almost blank expression had yet to change. I turned my attention back to Armin and weakly nodded. Sitting up properly. Armin tilted his head, he gave off a really concerned smile and expression, almost artistic how he perfectly captured the expression.
"Yes, I'm fine..." I groaned as I felt my back ache, oh how awful that will feel soon I thought, "just tired is all..." 
"I can imagine..." Armin let off an airy and nervous chuckle, "I mean you really pushed yourself..." Armin scanned my body for any external wounds. There was only my hands, my head also had a cut across it which started from my left eyebrow and reached the beginning of my hairline. 
"I'll be fine though," I weakly pushed myself up, shaking my hand as it splattered some blood onto the wall and floor, "just part of a soldier's routine I guess." I tried to walk forward, I could see everyone was finishing gearing up and getting ready to leave. I felt a hand grip my shoulder, it was a strong and tight grip.
"You're injured." Mikasa spoke, it was almost unnerving to hear her seemed concerned about someone who wasn't Eren, "You should rest. Or have someone take you back to the wall." 
"There's still that abnormal titan is there not?" I asked, turning to face Mikasa properly, "You need someone to help take it down don't you?"
"You're in no state to push yourself into another fight." Mikasa spoke, almost felt like an order.
"No state to fight?" I laughed, "My adrenaline is still pumping and by the time this beast is finished I'll be behind the wall." 
"Mikasa's right (Y/N)" Armin spoke, I had to roll my eyes at the two's antics, "You're bleeding, you're tired. You need to rest. We can have Marco or someone else take you back to the wall ok?" Armin suggested.

I gritted my teeth, my hands clenching the grips of my swords. Squeezing so tight I felt like I could break them. I eventually let out a sigh and dropped my head,
"Fine..." I relinquished  my grip on the swords loosened as they hung down. Tips pointing towards the floor. "I won't fight. Get moving and I'll catch up ok? I need to make sure I'm all set." Mikasa glared me up and down before rushing off, she ran off. Leaving the headquarters before anyone even stood up. I nodded, impressed with how she was still keeping up. She had been fighting a majority of the titans and it barely seemed like an obstacle for her. I leaned against the wall and rubbed my bloodied face. There was something that concerned me, who was the thing in dark robes when I was knocked through the window. I rubbed my face deeply, the memory was fuzzy and even thinking about it caused me to feel dreadful. I could feel Armin's eyes on me.
"Please Armin. Just leave me be for a second..." I groaned and squeezed my eyes shut, "I just... I just need some time to think on my next moves..." it was a lie. I was really trying to understand who I saw. Was it Ashley? No, how would she get in dark robes that quickly? Why would she even do that is the better question. Where was Ashley? That same question. My entire mind seemed clogged with only two questions and zero answers.
"(Y/N)." Armin spoke, his voice was softer, it was already soft but now it was even softer and smoother despite it seeming impossible, "You're alright. Only a couple more minutes and we'll be safe ok? We won't have to step foot back in here for a long while." Armin smiled, I knew what he was saying would most likely be false but still, I had hope that it would be true. I nodded. I tapped my forehead lightly, trying to get back on target. I pushed off the wall, the cadets were all leaving, I could hear yells about meeting at a rendezvous and scaling the walls. Me and Armin rushed out together, the sky had cleared. 

I had to shield my eyes from the almost blinding rays of sunlight. I held my hand over my face, it was so warm. It felt like nature's reward for making it through today. I could see through the small gaps between my fingers, Mikasa standing on a rooftop. Still like a statue. I didn't get time to understand what she was doing up there as Armin had launched his hooks onto the building and darted up in the sky. I turned to my left, noticing Reiner and Bertolt.
"Glad to see you two still hanging around." I chuckled, "Might need you in a second." I pulled the triggers on my swords. Two hooks shot forth and grappled onto the bricks. I then squeezed the secondary triggers. The gas propelled me forward and upwards as I landed on the rooftops with Mikasa and Armin. The two seemed in awe, I was about to ask what they were seeing before I looked over. That same titan which was rampaging against the others just earlier was pinned against a house. There had to be around 5 titans gathering around it. From just guesses alone they ranged from 5 metres to 14 metres. The 5 were digging their teeth and nails into the abnormally muscular titan. Ripping it's flesh from it, exposing muscle and bone. Gaping wounds exposed the abnormal titan's ribs. Two of the titans had gnawed their ways into the muscular titan's arms. Steam emanated from it's body.

"Can it not regenerate it's body?" Armin questioned, watching in a mix of awe and horror. The ordeal was unnervingly sadistic. The titans didn't try and bite major points of the muscular one's body. They bit and chewed at flesh on it's chest, waist, legs. As if they savouring their meal. 
"I thought that if we could solve the mystery of that titan..." Mikasa spoke bluntly, "it would give us a way to overcome our bleak predicament..." I continued to watch, there was something so odd. The muscular titan looked like none of the others ones I had previously seen or heard records of. Most titans were bizarrely proportioned but this one was built like a person. That thought both interested me but also horrified as I wouldn't be able to deny the possibility this was a next stage in the titans form. My thoughts were interrupted as I heard someone land close.
"I agree." Reiner spoke, calmly but confidently "If it gets killed then we won't learn anything." I glanced over to Reiner, beside him was Annie and Bertolt, Jean had just landed on the roof as well. He looked shocked at what Reiner was considering and I couldn't blame him. 
"We should kill the ones clinging to it. Try and keep it alive." Reiner continued, I turned my attention back to the titan which was getting devoured. It's green eyes seemed to burn with rage. I could overhear Jean yelling about leaving and Annie questioning why shouldn't we help the titan. Small pebbles on the roof began to tremble. The loud thumping and thudding sounds of a titan walking echoed down the street. I turned my head. It was an incredibly lanky titan. It walked forward, it was clear what it was after. The muscular titan. 

Suddenly the muscular titan began to roar out, not in pain, but anger? It seemed like anger, I watched as it pushed it's body off the building. Kicking the smaller titans away as the two which continued to bite it's arm were dragged with it. The muscular titan rushed towards the lanky one. It's flesh began to stretch and tear until with a gruesome rip, I watched it's arm get ripped off. It wasn't long but another visceral tear and squelch echoed out as the muscular titan's other arm was ripped off. It continued to lunge forward, despite it's injuries. It eventually reached the lanky titan. It's jaws clamped down on the lanky titan's neck. The muscular one then raised it into the air. My eyes widened in shock at the display of strength. I could hear slightly cracks, the exposed ribs were beginning to fracture for the muscular titan. I watched in amazement as it huffed and growled, like a wild animal. It glanced around, noticing two of the larger titans still standing. It quickly swung it's body and let go of the lanky titan. The titan launched into the other two. The force caused them to slam into a building, immediately destroying it and polluting the air with a thick cloud of dust, smoke an debris. The muscular titan dropped a bit of flesh. Was it the nape? How did it know to go for the nape? I watched as it coiled it's head back, it's jaw opening as it let out an ear-wrenching roar. I had to cover my ears but it sounded like a battle cry. A way of declaring itself as the victor. However, it's victory was short lived as it collapsed to it's knees and slammed into the floor. I let out a small sigh of disappointment. I heard Jean yell over.

"I guess it finally exhausted itself" He commented, his voice changing to a more authoritative nature, "That's it! Come on we're leaving!" He barked, I stood up. Pushing myself off my knees to fully stand up. I couldn't help but watch as steam continued to erupt from the decaying titan. I could Jean in the back, bitterly spitting "a titan will always be a titan." There was something in the titan's neck. Was it just muscle and flesh? It didn't look like it, I leaned over slightly and observed. My eyes widened in disbelief. Someone was IN the nape, I blinked rapidly to make sure I wasn't imagining it. The person pulled themselves from the nape, muscles and tendons connected to their face and arms like they were puppeteering it. It was Eren. I fell onto my rear in shock. There was no way. Armin and Mikasa almost dashed down there in less than a second. I could hear Mikasa's joy and disbelief, her heartache as she began to sob out for Eren. I had to sit on the roof for a couple more minutes. Mikasa's cries of amazement still continued even after Eren was put onto one of the towers. She was clutching him in her arms. Her grip so strong it seemed like no one would be able to retrieve Eren from her grasp. I wanted to wait until Eren woke up but I couldn't. A squadron from the Garrison Corps showed up, I was barely questioned before we were escorted over the wall. When we got over, I noticed how crammed everything was. I was lucky to be taken to a medic. Injuries weren't major but I didn't see where Eren, Mikasa or Armin where taken. I think the Garrison took them. I could barely keep my eyes open before I held my pendant up. My vision going fuzzy and so hazy. Like a blindfold was being put on me. My vision went black. 

(Author's note: It's been a while since I've done anything on wattpad. If anyone who did follow me because of this and never got to see it continued. I apologize, in the 3 years a lot of funky stuff has happened. I would love to keep regular uploads of this but idk if I will be able to or if people even read these anymore. Hopefully my writing has improved. Please feel free to ask me questions, I hope you enjoy the long awaited chapter)