"Well, I'm giving it anyway because I sorta thought you were classier than this," Ricky said. "But hey, maybe you really are what people say you are."

"And that is?" Gina asked.

"Just a little too ambitious for your own good...or anyone else's," Ricky said.

---

It was now a bit later in the night and Ricky pulled Big Red and me away from the table. He then asked, "Was this, like, a huge mistake?"

"What? Calling Gina out like that? Yes, that was mad harsh, dude" Big Red said.

"You owe her an apology," I said.

"She showed up to the dance with my ex's ex. What about that?" Ricky pointed out.

"Maybe it's not actually about you at all. Maybe people are allowed to go out with whoever they want to go out with and be whoever they want to be," Big Red said. "Sorry, I've been falling asleep to Dr Phil lately."

"Can we just get out of here?" Ricky asked.

"Now? Dude, we're at Homecoming. You should be finding eligible hunnies for me to dance with," Big Red said.

"Hold that thought. Drama, two o'clock," Ricky said. I then walked away because my feet started to hurt in these shoes.

Ricky's POV:

After we watched the whole thing with EJ and Gina, I turned to Big Red and said "I still want to get out of here."

"Why?" Big Red asked.

"Because I didn't get to ask out the person who I wanted to ask out to the dance and it isn't fun without her being my date," I said.

"Ricky, you didn't ask out Nini because she apparently friend-zoned you," Big Red said.

"No. I didn't want to ask out Nini," I said. I then looked towards Allie and when she saw that I was looking at her she waved to me and I waved back.

Big Red then looked to who I was looking at and then he turned back to me and said "You wanted to ask Allie out didn't you?"

"No. Yes. Maybe," I said.

"Go ask her to dance, dude," Big Red said.

"No. I shouldn't. She looks like she's having fun though," I said.

"Go talk to her then," Red said.

"Ok. I will if this means you will stop pestering me," I said.

"Yes it will," Red said. I then left Big Red and then walked up to the table and sat next to Allie.

Allie's POV:

Ricky just sat next to me and I was meaning to talk to him about Gina. I then said "Rick. That wasn't nice what you said to Gina. You shouldn't have said that."

"I know. I was just confused," Ricky said.

"Go apologise to her. She has just left. You could still catch her," I said. I saw the look that Ricky had on his face. "Go. I'll be fine. I'll be here when you get back."

"Ok I'll be back in a bit," Ricky said. He then got his jacket and then left the gym and went to Gina. I then looked to see where Carlos was because I wanted to see if he was all right but when I spotted him I was him walking onto the dance floor and he was swaying from side to side. I then had the idea to get up and dance with Carlos so I go up from my seat and then I walked up to him and then started dancing next to him.

Around a minute later Ashlyn joins us and we started dancing more. More people start to join Carlos, Ashlyn and me dancing and I then saw Ricky walking back into the gym but I don't go up to him as I was having fun dancing with Carlos.

After we finished dancing, Carlos looked somewhere and when I looked I saw Seb walking towards Carlos. Ashlyn and I then walk away from them and we go sit back down at the table. When we got back to the table I sat next to Ricky and then he turned to me and said "Hey. Can we talk for a minute?"

"Yeah, sure." We then got up from the table and walked away so no one could hear us. "What did you want to talk about?"

"So I wanted to go to the dance with this girl and I realised that I asked her too late and now I don't know what to do?" Ricky said.

"Rick. I know that you wanted to go to the dance with Nini," I said.

"No. I didn't want to go with her. I'm over her now. And I now don't know what to do. I want to ask her to dance but I don't know if she will say yes or not," Ricky said.

"Oh. Well, just ask her then. I'm sure she would say yes," I said.

"Ok then," Ricky said. He then turned to look at me fully and then said "Allie. Would you like to dance?"

I was shocked that he asked me but I quickly overcame that shock and then said "Yes. I would love to dance with you." We then went out onto the dance floor and then slowed danced with each other for the rest of the evening.