Victory Lane (Prologue)

The roars of the crowd were electrifying as the car numbered "95" pulled into the winner's circle. 

"...and we proudly welcome back to the winner's circle," Boomed the Sports Announcer, "driver of the #95 Joe's Warehouse Chevy Monte Carlo, Montgomery McQueen!"

The victorious Montgomery stepped out of his car to a massive wave of cheering. He smiled and waved to the cameras and the press, but that wasn't his main concern. Right now, he wanted-

"Daddy!" Called out an energetic little boy, rushing to meet Montgomery.

"Hey-hey, Hudson!" responded Montgomery with shared enthusiasm, scooping the boy into his arms, "How's my little champ doin'?"

"Great! You're so awesome, daddy! You win all of your races!"

"Heh, well, not all of them, but I try."

"When I grow up, I wanna be just like you, daddy!"

"Hey, if you wanna be. It's your choice, Hudson. But know this: Whatever you do, I'll always support and be proud of you, son."

"Thanks, daddy."

"Don't mention it. Now, does my little champ wanna help me answer some questions?"

As the two made their way towards the press, Hudson thought about his father's words.

When I grow up, I'm gonna be just as good as daddy, he thought, No, wait, even better! Yeah! I'm gonna be the greatest of all time!!