Jo nodded along in agreement as John B smiled. "Sarah's a Pogue," he hummed, obviously liking the sound of the words. "She'll come around. Yep. She'll come back to me. Right."

Jo chuckled as she hoisted herself up onto the railing and swung her feet back and forth. "Her dad did just die," she pointed out. "She might need a minute."

"She'll come around," John B repeated with a shrug. "You know what? I was just thinkin' about it. I'm gonna do a backflip."

"No way," Jo scoffed, a laugh bubbling from her lips.

"You're lying," Kie said, her eyes wide as she pointed at the boy. "You got any money? I totally bet that you won't!"

"Me too," Jo chorused. "I call bullshit."

"I won't do it?" John B challenged. He moved to the edge of the dock, facing his friends as he jumped off and did a backflip just like he said. Jo grinned and shook her head in disbelief, joining Kie and JJ as they cheered.

"Alright, that's my boy!" JJ hollered.

"Woogity woogity, baby!" John B cried once he resurfaced.

Jo gasped when she suddenly felt arms snake around her waist and she realized that she was being thrown over JJ's shoulder. As he bounced down the ramp towards the dock, she knew what was coming. "JJ, don't you fucking dare!" She squealed, trying to hold onto him as tightly as she could.

"In we go, Princess!" JJ shouted. Jo gasped in surprise as JJ jumped into the water. She had definitely not expected him to jump too, but now all she could do was scream and hold her breath.

JJ's arms never left hers as they kicked back up to the surface. Jo took a big breath as she pushed away from JJ and shoved his head back underwater. "You jerk!" She cried, but the smile on her face couldn't be wiped away.

"I got you wet," he whispered with a goofy smirk on his face.

"Oh, gross," Kie groaned, earning chorused agreements from Pope and John B.

Jo cringed and rolled her eyes, shoving him back under. "You need to wash that mouth out with soap," she stated.

"Only if you do it for me," JJ hummed, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Well, I'm glad we have at least one happy couple among us," Pope drawled. He looked completely unimpressed as Jo laughed. She waited for JJ to drag himself out of the water before extending her hand so he could pull her up and she pushed her dripping, tangled hair away from her face.

"Who woulda thought it'd be us?" Jo teased, ruffling JJ's hair.

° ° ° ° °

The next morning came far too quickly, and definitely way too early. Jo had completely forgotten about school. Between being framed for murder, running from the cops, getting arrested, and almost being killed, she hadn't thought it at all. Even after all the dust began to settle and everyone started to go back to their normal routines, Jo had forgotten about it. She had never been a fan of school anyway, even before shit hit the fan. But now, she was even less excited to go back. While it pointed more and more towards normalcy, she didn't want to deal with all the attention on her about everything that happened. It also didn't help that the Pogues had stayed up late partying.

Pope made his rounds, going from friend to friend and shaking them awake. Jo vaguely registered him ranting about having a test today, but she was still half asleep and much too tired to care.

"Seriously, guys," Pope groaned. "Get up! We gotta go." He returned to Jo's room and yanked the covers off of her and JJ, causing them both to whine. Jo curled into JJ's chest, trying to use his body heat to keep herself warm. "Do not make me drag you out of that bed," Pope threatened.