Chapter 2

Deku.

Why the hell did he pick that as his hero name?

Oh. right. Because Ochako said that it was cool and sounded super positive and encouraging, and a small part of him wanted to piss Kacchan off, which was easy to do just by looking at him for more than a second. But at the end of the day, his tentative hero name was Deku. Now he just needed to find an agency to take him in and hopefully he'll be able to figure out how to use his quirk without breaking his arms.

Or his fingers, or his legs, or like every single bone in his body.

Repeatedly.

Mostly because it hurt―a lot―but also because Recovery Girl was scary and she was threatening to retire if he kept using the limb exploding function of One for All. The problem was that he had no idea how to stop doing that. All Might hadn't been able to offer any advice; despite the fact that he too was quirkless, One for All just came naturally to him.

Which meant that the amount of advice he could give was an egg in the microwave and clenching butt cheeks.

Izuku let out a sigh as he followed his class out of the classroom for their daily hero training. He didn't even know what he should be doing. Sure, that Rumi girl had said to use his legs because they were more durable, but he was still really good at breaking his legs!

He was well on his way to having a quirk called Bone Jigsaw.

"Izuku?" Ochako shook him out of his thoughts as they were nearly to the transport bus that would take them to whatever station All Might and Aizawa-sensei thought best for today's training. They wouldn't even find out until they got there; apparently surprises were part of being a hero. "Why do you look so down?"

"Oh, well, I'm trying to think of a way to use my quirk without breaking my bones." Izuku scratched the back of his head, flinching slightly at the still fresh tension there from his fight against Shoto. He didn't want to believe that what he did was a mistake, but he couldn't call it a success. Not yet.

"Oh! That'd probably be a good idea, It's not fun seeing you go to the nurse's office everyday." Despite how sweet Ochako's words were, the truth still stung. "But, if you need any help let―"

"Eraser-sensei!" She came in like a meteorite crashing down in front of Aizawa-sensei. Rumi stood in her hero costume, which looked to be designed to give her maximum range of motion. A sleeveless white leotard with purple trim and a yellow crescent moon on her chest showed off her muscular arms as well as her Thick. Muscular. Thighs. "I'm here to take Izuku!"

All eyes fell on him. Many were confused, some were jealous, and one was really really angry.

Aizawa-sensei gave a low growl as he glanced towards Izuku, and then back to Rumi. "We have class, this can―"

"Oh! This is for class too!" Rumi unfolded a piece of paper and handed it to Aizawa-sensei. "I already got Nezu and All Might to sign off on it, I just need your permission and I'll be his student mentor."

"You're aware that student mentors are generally between second and third years?" Aizawa looked over the piece of paper and pulled out his pen and signed the paper on the side of the bus. "I have no problems with it, just try not to increase his visits to Recovery Girl too much."

"I make no promises." The short bunny ear girl all but bounced in excitement.

Again.

What the hell did he just get signed off on?

"Problem child!" Aizawa called, and signaled Izuku over.

Rumi's face grew ecstatic at that name. "No way, you call him problem child too?"