"Ceylan Gozler" (Gazelle Eyes)

Arslan Bey and his children, the pretty but fierce y/n and the sweet, shy Aliyar, had experienced frequent encounters with the cruel Templars, most of which were significantly unpleasant. The family were Seljuks, Arslan Bey being the cousin, and close friend, of Sultan Aladdin. They had been put on a risky mission by the Sultan - infiltrating the Templars, seeking to reveal where they held the holy relics of Islam. The sneaky Templars had acquired the relics when a traitor stealthily slithered into the palace; it was none other than that dog, Emir Sadettin Kopek. Not only did he attempt to assassinate the great Sultan Aladdin, but it was revealed that he had been collaborating with non - Muslims. As if it couldn't get any worse, these non - Muslims were Templars. Unsurprisingly, it was also Sadettin who had exposed Arslan Bey, as well as his wife and children. This led to Arslan Bey's wife, Alaca Hatun, being brutally murdered.

While Arslan Bey's family were in the Templar's palace spying, Emir Sadettin was also there in disguise. He recognized the family as loyal to the Sultan, and hastily informed the Templars. Arslan Bey, Aliyar and y/n managed to flee... however Alaca Hatun was not so lucky. She fought them bravely until she took her last breath. Her absence was deeply mourned by the family, but it did not stop them from going on without her - there was nothing they could do apart from praying for their deceased mother and wife.

The mourning family had been held captive by the Templars on their journey returning to the palace to update the Sultan on their current situation. It seemed as though their terror would never end. Their situation worsened by the day, and there was no escape...

"For whom do you work for! Answer me!" yelled the Templars' commander. He was fat, short, and rather resembled a rat in his features. He was torturing y/n's family, as he was very desperate to find out who had placed them in the castle.

"SPEAK, YOU WORTHLESS MAN!" he roared furiously, getting a whip to lash Arslan Bey, who resolutely refused to speak. 

"No matter what, I will not speak. By Allah's will, I shall stay strong and not bow down to you dogs," Arslan replied with spirit and courage in his words. (wow, Arslan Bey be living up to his name - Arslan or Aslan means "lion")

The commander cackled evilly.

"Once this whip reaches your back, you will sing like a bird." The commander mercilessly whipped Arslan Bey, barely pausing in between each lash. 

"STOP, LEAVE HIM! HE IS AN OLD MAN!" (calling him an old man is a bit sad, but suck it up guys) shrieked y/n. The commander only relished in their pain, and continued. 

"STOP YOU DOGS, TAKE ME INSTEAD! WHIPPING MEN WHO ARE TIED UP, HOW MUCH MORE COWARDLY CAN YOU GET!" yelled Aliyar, infuriated, lashing around in attempt to help his poor father. However, he was tied up, just like his father and sister. To prove his point, he spat in the commander's face. 

The commander roared in anger, and began whipping Aliyar as well as Arslan Bey. 

"JUST STOP, PLEASE!" begged y/n desperately. All of a sudden, an arrow cut through the air, piercing the chest of the ratty - looking commander. Friend, or foe? wondered y/n fearfully. 

"YA ALLAH!" yelled four men with swords. They began attacking the Templars, whilst y/n tried to rouse her father and brother, who had both passed out due to their wounds. The commander threw himself into the fight, thinking he could defeat the four magnificently graceful warriors. The leader of the four effortlessly dealt with him straight away, with a slash of his sword. The commander fell to the ground, writhing in pain. 

The same warrior then headed to y/n, to help her aid Arslan Bey and Aliyar, who were still on the ground. 

For the first time, y/n looked at him.

For the first time, the warrior looked at y/n.

Their eyes met - and none of them could look away.
A/N
Wow, who do you think the warriors are? 👀👀👀 Anyway, credit and a special thanks to Jahanzeb11, for continuously giving me encouragement, support and ideas, as well as ahseyawrites, who inspired me to write my own stories. Also a special thanks to my elder sister, Sh070301, for being my co - editor. To show her my gratitude, she is going to be represented as one of the characters later on in the story! One more thing: do you guys like reading long chapters, short chapters, or chapters with a medium length? Share your thoughts in the comments :) Lygs,
Zahra