Tanjiro happily skipped along side him while humming "here we are" he announced, walking to a little village lit up with lanterns and little candles with many stalls.

The boy's eyes brightened as he scanned the surroundings, they got many weird looks from the people. Kokushibo did have six eyes after all, it was a little strange but they ignored it.

"Koku-san! Can we go there!" Tanjiro brightened and pulled the hesitant male along with him, stopping at a stall selling Mochi.

The man behind the counter took one look at Kokushibo and trembled "c-can I get you something young one..." he sweat dropped, averting his eyes to the boy.

"Can we get some Strawberry Mochi please!"

The man nodded hurriedly, just wanting to get rid of the two as he chucked as many as he could in a bag and shooed them off.

Tanjiro was surprised at the action but smiled anyways "that's weird! He didn't ask us for money" Tanjiro giggled and pulled Kokushibo behind him again "Hmm... very weird"

Tanjiro had practically dragged Kokushibo around the whole village, most of the people were too scared to go near the two so they hopped a lot of ques and got some stuff for free. Not like either of them were complaining.

Tanjiro got some new clothes and Kokushibo even secretly bought him a new plush.

The two were still browsing happily when Kokushibo's senses perked, the hairs of his neck stood up in anticipation as he felt a familiar presence near them.

The demon quickly wrapped his hand around a Tanjiro's mouth with a muffled Yelp and his behind the corner of a house.

The male kept Tanjiro close to his chest as he carefully peaked his head around the corner, long hair falling around his face as he pressed tightly against the wall as to not be seen.

"I'm telling you I saw him!"

"You're hallucinating."

"No! I only saw the back of his head but I can recognise that hair anywhere, I swear come on you've gotta believe me"

The voices slowly got louder as Kokushibo kept his hand firmly on Tanjiro's face, his arm around the boy's upper body so he couldn't move.

"He's not here Mitsuri, keep on looking"

"Awww come on Tomioka-san! I'm not seeing things! He was with this really tall guy with the exact same hair but longer!"

"Then it was probably a father and son"

As the voices slowly faded away, Kokushibo finally let go of Tanjiro's mouth, waiting till they were far away till they came out of the hiding spot.

"Their gon-"

"Koku-san! Why'd you do that!" Tanjiro sent the male a pouty frown.

Kokushibo sighed and was about to apologise when a smirk crossed Tanjiro's lips "your hands were sweaty..." he teased, gently punching his side. Of corse it didn't hurt, but Kokushibo knew that if Tanjiro wanted to hurt him it would've been painful as fuck.

The demon rolled his eyes at his playful demeanour "good, let's go back I've got something to give you" Kokushibo swept Tanjiro up in his arms and placed the boy on his shoulders, holding his ankles so he didn't fall off.

Tanjiro gasped and giggled loudly, holding onto the top of his head "wowww! It's so cool up here! I feel like a giant!" Tanjiro enthusiastically laughed, his cheeks going red from excitement as they walked out of the village.

Kokushibo let a small smile slip across his thin lips, his mind put at ease by the adorable boy's genuine laughter.

As they walked back in a peaceful silence, small stars shining down on them; Tanjiro decided to ask the male a question.

"What would happen if I became a demon Kokushibo-san...?"

"You'd be like us of corse" he answered back after a moment of thinking, definitely caught a little off guard by the question.

Tanjiro released a sigh into the air, resting his head on the demon's hair with his arms handing limply to his sides "everything's so complicated. I don't want to hurt anyone, but if I don't turn my friends into demons then they'll all die"

'You're too kind for this world Tanjiro' he thought sadly, listening to the boy's gentle breathing.

"I just... want everyone to be happy" he breathed out, closing his heavy eye lids and letting sleep take a hold of his body.

Kokushibo gently slipped Tanjiro off his shoulders and held him bridal style, placing the teddy he bought him in the sleeping boy's arms while walking through the door made by Nakime.

As he walked down the halls, someone caught his attention "eh? So that's where Tanjiro went." Akaza voiced, standing outside of the Tanjiro's door.

"He agreed to spending the day with me"

Akaza glared at the man before eyeing Tanjiro in his arms and walking off. He couldn't really go against Kokushibo since he was his superior after all.

The upper moon watched Akaza leave before entering the room and placing Tanjiro gently on the bed, tucking him under the covers with a small kiss on the forehead.

He left without another word.

That's when he thought, some people were simply too good for this world. But the harsh truth always pushes away the pitiful sunny days, at some point in time...

Tanjiro would have to wake up to reality.

———————————

I'm so tired bro, I wanna go home