Chapter 1: Promises

Start from the beginning

"Are you alright Wei Wuxian...?"
Jiang Cheng asked him seeing that Wei Ying didn't react...

Normally they would have tackled each other and had a little battle of their own by now...

"Yeah...I'm fine Jiang Cheng..."
Wei Ying replied...

He sighed when he saw Shiji and Jiang Cheng looking at him worried...

"By the way...Did you just punch me...?"
Wei Ying asked dramatically...

This ended up in a the brothers tackling each other playfully...
Wei Ying smiled emotionally...

He had missed this...
Knowing how it was to fight with each other with serious ideology conflicts, he felt that he missed their silly fights which was filled with their love for each other...

"Stop it you two..."
Shiji said laughing after sometime...

"He started it..."
Wei Ying and Jiang Cheng said at the same time pointing at each other...

"You both are the same...one is a 3 year old baby and the other is a 1 year old baby..."
She added...

"A-ji..."
Jiang Cheng groaned while Wei Ying sticked out his tongue at him and got punched again...

"Hey...Don't be jealous that I'm still older than you...Mr.One year old Drama Queen Jiang Wayin..."
Wei Ying said teasingly...

Jiang Cheng was about to tackle his brother again but then decided that they didn't have much time before leaving and so make faces at his brother...

"A-Xian...we will be leaving for Cloud Recesses soon ok..."
She said patting on his cheeks...

Wei Ying nodded with a smile...

He watched emotionally as his Shiji and Shidi walked away to prepare for their travel...

He had really gotten another chance to make everything right...

And somehow it was restarting at the time they were going off to Cloud Recesses...

I will make things right this time...

And this time i would stay out of all troubles...starting from this moment...
Wei Ying promised to himself...

**********************

"WEI YING...."
Lan Zhan shouted and when opened his eyes and found himself in Cloud Recesses...

Lan Zhan looked around him...
He was not in Jinshi...instead he was in his quarters in Cloud Recesses where he stayed a couple of years ago when he was completing his studies...

Since pets aren't allowed in Cloud Recesses he had moved out with the bunnies Wei Ying had given him, to his mother's abode Jinshi that was in the outskirts of the Sect..

Was all that just a nightmare...?
He thought to himself...
Wei Ying jumping off of the cliff while he watched helplessly...

Wei Ying...

Was it all a nightmare...?
His wounds and pain from the 33 whiplashes were also gone...

What was happening...?

No...what if it wasn't a nightmare and he had fallen unconscious because of the pain...?
What if he had been unconscious for long...

He remembered that they were talking about looking for Wei Ying's body at the bottom of the cliff...if they did they would only humiliate him even after he died...

Wei Ying...I'm sorry I failed you...
Lan Zhan thought as he walked out of the house panicking...

"Wanji..."
He heard his brother call him...

"Brother...you are back from the Nevernight city...?what about Wei Ying...?did you get his..."
Lan Zhan asked him but was interrupted by his brother...

"Wanji...are you alright...?"
His brother asked him worried...
This was the first time he was hearing him speak so much...

"Why are you talking about Nevernight city...?Why would you think that I went there...?Remember it is the capital of the Qishan Wen Clan...And who is Wei Ying...?"
Lan Xichen asked him confused...

Wen Clan's Nevernight city...?
Lan Zhan thought to himself...

"Are you ok Wanji...?Did you have a nightmare...?"
Lan Xichen asked his brother worried...

Lan Zhan shook his head...

"Are you ok Wanji...?"
Lan Xichen asked him again and Lan Zhan nodded...

"Brother is there something you wanted me to do...?"
Lan Zhan asked his brother...

Lan Xichen sighed...

"Wanji...Today I would be going for meeting up with Da-Ge at unclean realm to discuss about the puppets...and since Uncle is out with the sect elders for the discussion at the Lanling Sect...You will be the one who will have to welcome the students who come for their studies...Students from Yunmeng Jiang sect and Lanling Jin would probably be coming over today..."

"Yunmeng Jiang sect...?"
Lan Zhan asked...

"Yeah...Sect leader Jiang has informed us that his children, his first disciple and about 10 of his disciples would be coming for completing their studies here..."
Lan Xichen said to his brother...

Lan Zhan nodded...
Patting him on his shoulder Lan Xichen walked out...

Lan Zhan remembered what the voice had said before he passed out...

He was given another chance...
Another chance to make things right...

He had really gotten another chance to make everything right...

And somehow it was restarting at the time they were going off to Cloud Recesses...at the time he met Wei Ying...

He didn't know how this would work out ultimately...
But he would do his maximum to save Wei Ying this time...

Wei Ying...I promise...I will make things right this time...
He promised..

******************