“…Miko Miranda, 15 years old and born from the Philippines,” Miko was taken aback at your sudden recital of his information. 

“10 years from now, the whole world will be shaken by the genius that was born in this generation. A drug that can slow down death even if completely wiped out. A miracle that people believe. God can only do,”

You looked dead straight into Miko’s eyes and Miko’s soine shivered.

“A miracle that you, Miko, created. The gifted that granted rebirth for everyone.”

“You…” Miko covered his mouth. He couldn’t believe all the bullshit you were saying. 

“I'm not joking!” You raised your arms up in semi-surrender. “I’m just stating what you’ll become in the future. My ability does so much,” you grinned.

“But even so! So what if you can see the future, how does this involve me? So what if I really succeeded in making my miracle drug, why did you seek me out? Because I can help?”

Miko yelled in frustration. “Well guess what? I'm useless! I’ve been stuck since last year.” He revealed. “…I came here to try and forget anything related about that stupid ambition, but you bought it up and now you think I’ll just go back to work?”

“Did I say I want you to help me?”

“What?”

You blinked then laughed. Miko stepped back, surprised by your laugh. “Oh dear, who said anything about me trying to seek your help?”

You pointed your index finger right at Miko.

“I’ll be the one to help you. In exchange, give me your loyalty.”

---

BANG!

"Geez! What the hell happened to him?" you grumbled once you heard the door from Mikey's room snap shut. Ever since he came back from something important, he had been in a bad mood.

You wanted to take a peak, but you had to back away when his room was completely radiating the vibes of a teen with serious abher.

Maybe you should ask Takemichi...but does he even know you and Mikey are related?

Then, Draken.

"Yeah? Hello?"

"Hey, Draken-kun," you called, away from Mikey's room and back at the living room. "I just wanna ask- did something happen? Mikey just went back and now he's in a very bad mood,"

"...Haah...He's that mad, huh?"

"Huh? Why? What happened?"

The next words Draken had uttered were surprising. "Our friend...he stabbed someone and got caught,"

"He- what?!" you yelped.

"Yeah, he stabbed someone by his own accord." Draken sighed heavily. "The guy was alive, don't worry. But now our friend is taken to jail for a year and Mikey wants to bail him out."

"I understand...but bail him out? With money?"

"Yeah, Mikey's pretty set on freeing him up."

"...And I assume you don't?"

The other line was silent, then Draken chuckled. "You really know me well, don't you, [m/n]?" you flushed at the compliment.

"But yeah, Pah-chin said he wants to stay there and reflect. He owned up and said that it was worth it, he was ready for any consequences."

"Right, how admirable…" you weren't being sarcastic.

No matter what, Mikey was set on not telling you anything related to his gang. But Draken knew that you knew everything, but he kept it out of Mikey because he respected your decision to let Mikey do it.

But to think, this little group of gang is turning into something serious. "Is anyone else in danger?"

"Nah...but this new guy, Takemichi, he was pretty beaten up so we took him home and let him rest,"

"Eh? Takemichi?" you sprang up in surprise and on the other line, Draken raised a brow.

"Yeah, you know him?"

"Yeah...we met a couple of times, hevs a friend." you nodded.

"Cool, then if you're up for it, we'll be visiting him tomorrow."

"Hm, I don't know.... I have something to do tomorrow,"

"Oh?"

A couple more minutes of talking with Draken and then you hung up.

"Oh, gramps." you turned around to see your grandfather who just came back from the dojo, "Wazzup?"

" "Wazzup" my ass," he bonked your head.

"Ow! What was that for?!" you cried in pain and the harsh bonk in the head. Your grandfather deeply sighed and shook his head.

"You're still on and doing that job of yours?"

You looked at him. "...Yeah,"

Sano-san sighed, deeply worried for one of his grandchildren. "Good god, that job will be the death of you,"

"Eh? How'd ya know? Don't tell me! You have the same abilities as me?!" you faked shock and surprise.

Sano irked his face and went for another bonk, but seeing you yelp and duck, his fist turned into pats as he gently patted your head.

"...Just make sure to lay low. [m/n], the world will not be ready if they knew how. capable you are. You were born with a gift, use it wisely…"

"I know, gramps," you said and looked at Mikey's door room again.

"That's why I'm doing everything I can to save people…"