(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟒) mcgonagall

Start from the beginning

"How do you know so much about it?" Athena frowned, "it's in the departmental mysteries for a reason, that's the most secret department—"

"Dumbledore told me"

"Why would—"

"Because two months ago Elle wrote me a letter that worried me" Remus began, "explaining a dream she'd had, a one almost identical to the one that Theodore says he had. I went to Dumbledore on behalf of her to ask what this meant because she too felt a sense of loss. Dumbledore explained what I've just told you and I think it makes perfect sense"

"You didn't tell me that" Athena muttered, "why didn't you tell me that? Even when I came to you telling you I'd had a vision of the archway!"

"We'll give you some space" Sirius muttered quickly, grabbing Theodore's arm and pulling him out of the room.

"Because of this!" Remus continued, "because it's obvious you're still terrified of that archway and what it reminds you of. Athena you seem sure something bad is going to happen there but in reality we don't know that"

"I do know!" Athena yelled, "I felt it!"

"No, you saw the archway and paired with it your feelings from losing Archer"

"He has nothing to do with this!" Athena snapped, "someone is going to fall into the archway, someone's going to die!"

"Did you see someone fall into the archway?" Remus asked.

"No but—"

"If you had seen someone fall into the archway, is there anything you could do to ensure this didn't happen?"

"No but—"

"Then it's not worth you fainting and worrying over" Remus concluded. "Rena I know you're burdened with being able to see the future, knowing you'll see the end of the war and I know you're terrified of losing someone else but the truth is, we have no idea what's going to happen and there's therefore no point of wearing yourself down about it"

"But I know something bad is going to happen" Athena whispered.

"There's nothing you can do about a feeling that somethings going to happen" said Remus and Athena hated that he was completely right, of course he was but that didn't stop Athena from worrying.

"I still wished you'd told me that you talked to Dumbledore" Athena muttered bitterly causing Remus to sigh.

"I'm sorry" he stated simply, "I was only trying to stop you from feeling anxious, look I know that archway has bad memories for you but the chances are you won't even have to go back there"

Athena didn't say anything in response because she didn't believe him. Of course she had to go back there, everything had been pointing to it for a while now. The question was when this would happen, why she'd be back there and most importantly who was going to fall into the archway? No matter what Remus said, she couldn't ignore what information she'd been given. Athena knew something was going to happen there and nothing that anyone said was going to change her mind.

☽☽☽

Athena had felt rotten for days. She didn't want to be a burden on everyone else but she did realise it was annoying for the other three members of the house to put up with her. She didn't feel like talking and pretending she felt fine when there was a pit of doom sitting inside her.