ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Twenty-One

"Mauricio is here," She says with a wide smile and eyebrows wiggling. I rolled my eyes going to my bed so I can grab my stuff. This is not the time for her to start with her 'I ship it' stuff.

I head downstairs to see Mauricio talking to my dad and when he glances over at me, I don't miss the way he does a table take and those brown eyes light up.

He seems pleased with me having his jersey on.

"I see my old jersey from freshmen year somewhat fits," Mauricio said trying to hold back a smile, "Yes, somewhat. I can make it work though. I'll probably make it into a crop top once we get to school." I shrugged trying to demonstrate how it would look.

"You look beautiful." My dad placed a kiss on my forehead and I smiled up at him knowing how much he was enjoying this.

My family does know about our situation. I told them because I didn't want all the questions to come my way when they started to hear about my supposed relationship with Mauricio.

"So, you ready?" Mauricio points behind him with his thumb but I can still see the flames in those beautiful brown eyes. And it seems I'm not the only one who has noticed.

Vikki and Lilybeth are snickering behind me and I show them the finger.

"I'm guessing there's a game tonight?"

"First game of the season."

"We'll be there to see you play."

Mauricio glanced over to my dad and a smile lit his face. He stared at him as if that's exactly what he wanted to hear. Maybe not from my dad but his dad.

It's no secret the way Mauricio feels about his dad. I just do hope one day he'll trust me enough to tell me about his problems.

This is what I am hoping to get out of our fake dating. Like this, as Mauricio and I get closer, he'll trust me enough to at least get to know him better.

"Alright, get going now. School is waiting," Vikki says pushing us out the door and we all say goodbye to each other. I'm almost thankful that Lilybeth is getting a ride from a friend since I want to head over to the school and get all of this over with.

Mauricio makes sure to park as far away from the main entrance. We're not exactly ready to start our whole fiasco.

"Okay, look, this is how it's going down. We will act like some perfect couple. Everyone will be expecting us to do a bunch of PDAs so let's try to stay away from all of that. I'm sure the rumors of Easton and you will die down by next week so we don't have to deal with each other." Mauricio tightened his hands on the steering wheel and continued, "The more in love we look the less gossiping goes around. So, don't mess this up alright? I'm doing this for Easton. Not you."

Great, he's back to his asshole self.

"Got it." I raised my eyebrows and turned away from him.

Some of our classmates are pointing over at us. They could've at least been a bit more discreet.

Mauricio and I get out of the car. He walks over to me and wraps an arm around my shoulders. I almost pushed him off when I remembered all of this was for show.