Perfume (Geto Suguru)

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Yea."

Only the clattering of utensils were left as he munched into his croissant and she dug into her matcha pound cake.

*゚
Now take a good look at what I've become,
a man who is nothing but a shell.
Even if I am hated for being a fraud,
not a single tear slides down my cheek.
*゚

What happened to the silly teases they used to trade?

What happened to the endless topics they used to chat about?

What happened to the childish rock-paper-scissors they used to play whilst waiting for the food?

An invisible knife twisted in his gut, Geto failed to expect the sudden stab of melancholy, how long had he been devoid of such emotions?

Surely, he felt absolutely nothing when luring those greedy millionaires into his carefully woven manoeuvres, nor did he felt anything when murdering those monkeys he didn't see fit.

He wasn't used to the sorrow prickling at his heart right now.

*゚
It's not like I want to be with you again,
but when I'm next to you
I can't help to imagine.
It's because of your Dolce&Gabbana,
it's all because of the smell of your perfume.

It's not like my heart yearns for the long-gone romance between us.
It's because of your Dolce&Gabbana,
that perfume of yours jog back all our memories.
*゚

They somehow ended up strolling on the beach after splitting the bill.

Walking side by side, Geto kept his eyes glued to the sand, the faint scent of her perfume had to the most painful reminder.

He used to entwine their fingers while the ebbing waves stroked their toes, they used to finish a mountain of shaved ice together while joking about anything and everything, he used to pepper kisses on the top of her head while inhaling her pleasant scent.

The good old days had sailed into the wind, to a far-away place out of their reaches.

*゚
Back when we didn't have a thing,
back when we'd laugh without a care.
I never really wanted to go back
but when I look into your eyes,
I start to think otherwise.
*゚

"I'm leaving to teach at Kyoto next month," she blurted out all of a sudden.

The last time they talked, she never mentioned about taking an interest in education, "You've become a teacher?"

"Yea, well... I've been teaching for around a year now, it's a long story. But anyways, it turns out I have a half brother back in Kyoto, I want to step in before it's too late," she paused for a moment, "Or rather... what I want is to step in before the small ones are corrupted by life."

Geto took a good look at her, responsibility was written on her expression. Was she unknowingly referring to being unable to 'rescue' him? Seriousness dominated her silver eyes, the carefree gleam only existed in his memories.

"I see, that's nice. Have you told Satoru, Shoko and Nanami?"

"Only Shoko... I don't want Gojo to overdramatise the whole situation. And you probably don't know about this but Nanami had left to join your everyday company so yea... we're still in touch but don't see each other that often now."

Yes, they were all grown up now. Whatever they all were back in the days shouldn't matter, yet he couldn't bring himself to agree with that statement.

*゚
It's not like I want to be with you again,
but when I'm next to you
I can't help but remember.
It's because of Dolce&Gabbana,
it's all because of the smell of your perfume.
*゚

"It's getting late, shall I walk you to the train station?"

"No thanks, I'll get going by myself."

They stood facing each other under the setting sun.

"Thanks for today, Suguru," she mumbled, it costed her all the courage she could muster to utter the next word, "G-Goodbye."

Finally, she said his name.

Finally, a proper farewell.

"Goodbye, Yuki."

Geto watched as she put on her heels at the edge of the beach, as she wiped away a tear on the pavement, as her shoulder was tapped by an awfully familiar guy with white hair.

*゚
It's not like I am falling in love once more,
even if you're still such an amazing person.
The same thing is probably going to happen if I do so,
I'd end up being dumped once again.
*゚

Geto smiled defeatedly.

The handsome, young head of the Gojo clan and the runaway princess of the Kamo clan. Guess it wasn't surprising that he used to feel out of place whenever the three of them hung out.

"Sorry, Suguru... I don't understand the world you see. I know those people were wrong but... I'm not in place to judge what you have done or ask you to turn yourself in, but I will not follow you, I will not leave jujutsu high."

In the stories he told Mimiko and Nanako, the princess always ends up with the prince.

Perhaps he had been out of the picture from the very beginning, perhaps they were meant to part ways at some point, perhaps this was the best for the both of them.

Goodbye.

Hi, it's ravenlatte ('ω') thanks for reading and hope you enjoyed the one shot (ノ。><)

In my opinion, the personalities of Geto and Gojo are the most complicated and hardest to capture ( ω)

Since I have limited time jujutsu kaisen fanfic ideas keep popping up at times, I'd try my best to shorten them into one shots (kind of?) (•̀•́)و

Anyways, thanks for reading again and please feel free to comment, stay safe and healthy (*'˘'*)