"Perfect...That is the good student that I taught and prided in..."
His uncle spat angrily...

"Wanji...You have disappointed me so much..."
He said to him in a sad voice...

~~~~~~~
"Wanji...the wounds from the discipline whip will not heal that easily and you would be in so much pain...I will talk to uncle to permit you to use the healing pond..."
Lan Xichen/Lan Huan said to his brother worried after he applied the medicines on his brother's wounds...

Since Wanji wasn't comfortable with people touching him he was the one doing it...And he knew how much pain his brother was in...

Lan Zhan was lying face down on the bed unable to even get up after the 33 lashes he had received...

"You just have to apologize to uncle for..."
Lan Xichen started to say but was interrupted by Lan Zhan...

"Brother...if I apologize to uncle, it would mean I'm accepting that Wei Ying is wrong...which I wouldn't ever do...Wei Ying is my confidante...and I trust his integrity..."
Lan Zhan said to him...

Can you forget?
We made a promise together in the Cloud Recesses, as the world crowded around us
Kind sir, where are you?
We gazed at each other, I cannot forget that...

Lan Xichen sighed sadly...

"They are going to look for the body of Wei Gòng zī at the bottom of the cliff..."
He said to Lan Zhan after sometime...

Hearing that Lan Zhan tried to get up from the bed but fell over because of pain...

"Brother..."
Lan Zhan called his brother helplessly...

"If they do they would only humiliate him even after he died..."

"Wanji...rest assured...I will...I'll go look for Wei Gong zi's body for you..."
Lan Xichen promised his brother before standing up and walking away...

After his brother left Lan Zhan placed his face on his hands helplessly...

His eyes tearing up remembering the heart warming smile of Wei Ying's that was there even when he was falling down the cliff...

The night in the Cloud Recesses is cool
The bright moon and clear breeze winds around my heart
Someone watches the snow
Gazing into the days long gone

Gusu's Emperor's Smile
Bury it in the snow to preserve its beauty
The qin plays in the Jingshi
A song of inquiry, unanswered

"Wei Ying..."
Lan Zhan whispered emotionally...

"I wish I could there by your side you when you needed me the most...I wish I could protect you when the world was fighting against you branding you as a monster...I wish I tried harder to bring you to Cloud Recesses and hid you away from all those who wanted to hurt you..."

"I wish i could tell you that I believed you...I wish I could tell you that I have always trusted you...I wish...I wish I could tell you what you meant to me Wei Ying..."

Suddenly everything went still around him...

"Welcome to the system...our main aim is to provide a quality experience to the readers...As the protagonists of this story you will be given a limited chance to reboot the story to meet your requirements like you asked earlier...Stage 1 is already activated...Do you want to proceed and activate stage 2...?"

Lan Zhan looked at the strange thing had appeared infront of him hovering mid air with a strange celestial aura...

He wondered if his mind was conjuring all this up in the grief of losing Wei Ying and was bringing up crazy possibilities to make things right...

But he didn't even care...
At this point he would give anything to get his Wei Ying back...

"Yes..."
Lan Zhan said...

"Reboot stage 2 activated..."

And even before he could even blink everything went into a rewind mode...

>>>>>>>>>>>REWIND>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"System Reboot completed..."
Lan Zhan heard...

**************

When my past feelings are laid bare, they all point to you, my old friend -

When you tug at my heartstrings, how can I stay away from my worldly attachments?

Let's play this song to give voice to all the joy and regret that ever was

Your innocence remains after a lifetime of tribulations

What a brisk and lively spirit you have, and how freely you speak,

But great turmoil follows behind you.

Together we travel long and far on the misty river,

Drifting like clouds, like weeds on the water. The lights brighten up the night sky.

I awake suddenly to a different day, a different time

The three thousand rules of this world

Are ignored for half a jar of Emperor's Smile, who is drunk now?

I still the music of guqin, but can't recognize my feelings that're stirred

Only an instant is needed for meeting each other again

****************