As he was falling into the abyss Wei Wuxian closed his eyes accepting his fate...
Maybe this was what he deserved...

"I wish I could turn back time and change everything that happened...I wish things would back to what it was before...I wish I would get another chance to make everything right...I wish..."

Wei Ying thought helplessly as his body hit the bottom and excruciating pain ripped through his body...He could feel life leave his body...

Died at the Nightless City
Who would believe that the young man told no lies?
For justice and for a promise I took up the flute and gave up the sword
The rumours go ahead of me
What's the point of arguing that my loyalty is still the same?
Everything in the world involves a thousand people, with a thousand opinions and a thousand faces

But suddenly everything went still around him...

"Welcome to the system...our main aim is to provide a quality experience to the readers...As the protagonists of this story you will be given a limited chance to reboot the story to meet your requirements like you asked earlier...Do you want to proceed...?"
A strange thing appeared infront of him hovering mid air...

Groaning with pain Wei Ying looked around confused...

"Story...?Readers...?Protagonists...?"
Wei Ying thought...
What was happening...?
Was he going mad with pain...?

"You are going to die in 2 minutes and then story will take another course...the choice has to made before that to take this route..."
It said to him...

"Ye..s..."
Wei Ying muttered finally...

"Reboot stage 1 activated..."

I have officially gone mad with pain...
And that was the last thought in his mind before he lost consciousness...

********
Meanwhile...

"Wei Ying..."
Lan Zhan repeated as he fell down on the ground heart broken looking down into the abyss...

"That monster, Wei Wuxian is dead..."
"Wei Wuxian died..cheers..."
"Serves him right..."
Behind him he could hear the so called righteous people rejoice...

Lan Zhan wanted to scream at them to stop...
"Atleast, Now that he is gone...let him be in peace..."
He thought desperately...

~~~~~~~~~~
"Beat him..."
Lan Zhan heard his uncle order the disciples...

He stood unemotional as he was whipped over and over...33 times...The pain it gave him was nothing compared to the one in his heart...

"What is the 52nd of the doctrine of the Lan Clan...?"
His uncle asked him...
Lan Zhan clenched his hands into fists as the whip landed on his hard...

"Do not make friends with the evil..."
Lan Zhan replied...

"The fundamental of the Lan Clan was forgotten by you...Do you have the nerve to face the forefathers of Lan Clan...?"
His uncle asked him disappointment and anger clear in his words...

"I dare ask uncle...Who is right and who is wrong...?Who is black...?Who is white...?"
Lan Zhan asked him...

Why is it that everybody praised Wei Ying when he saved them from atrocities of the Wen Clan by using his Tiger Seal and then turned against him just because he refused to give it to them...?

Why is it that he was branded as evil, when he stood up for those innocent people from Wen Clan...?While those people who tortured and murdered them mercilessly got to be praised for righteousness...?