1- Trip down memory lane

Falling out of love is hard
Falling for betrayal is worse
Broken trust and broken hearts
I know, I know
And thinking all you need is there
Building faith on love and words
Empty promises will wear
I know

Valentino's POV:

My life has always been difficult and challenging. I went through a lot of good and bad experiences and I lost a few couple of people on the way to reach where I am and who I am now . I thought that now was finally the time where I'd be happy , I had my life all planned in front of me and I was ready to leave my past behind get married and settle down and start a new chapter of my life, but I never thought life would be so hard on me and that it will take such a sharp and unexpected turn.
I never thought my life would end up being the life of a man in a drama movie.

* Flashback * 11 years ago:

"Dad !! I'm hungry ! Can we please take a stop to feed my poor and empty stomach ? " I whined from the backseat of the car.

" Valentino for God's sake we just had breakfast!" My dad sighed rolling his eyes at me while my mum chuckled.

With a huff , I turned back to my window and watched the rain pour down silently , letting the sound of raindrops lull me to sleep.

After a while I woke up to my mom's sobs and cries , while my dad was trying to control the steering wheel desperately...
It all happened too fast, my vision got blurry , my head was thumping , I was falling in and out of consciousness due to the massive hit to my head , and then it all went black...

I didn't know for how long I was out of it, but I woke up to the pungent smell of hospital disinfectants , invading my nostrils. The room was silent apart from my heavy breathing and the beep beep sound you often hear in hospitals that indicates you're alive. I slowly opened my eyes, squinting in attempt to sharpen the blurred images before me. I glanced around and took in the deserted, blue and white colour schemed hospital bedroom. Then it all hits me with a bang. The memory of it all starts to occupy my thoughts. I tried to get up , I needed to see my parents to know that they were okay. But I couldn't even lift my head because of the banging pain that hit me at the slightest movement.

Then all of a sudden a nurse came rushing into my room with a familiar figure following behind her.

"G-grandpa..." My voice came out hoarse and I realised that I was in dire need of water.
Immediately, the nurse noticed and started moving around the room for a glass of water.

After gulping the water down my dry throat, I straitened up and asked right away about my parents. But I was met with a deafening and painful silence that only meant one thing...

"NOOOO ... N-Nooooo..." I started choking on air , my lungs were tightening, it felt like the walls were caving in and the world was spinning around and was about to crash down on me before I felt my grandpa engulfing me in a tight hug trying to comfort me but in vain . Nothing could help me at this moment, no medicine was strong enough , no words could heal that new and fresh hole in my heart...

And that's how I ended up moving to Spain with my grandpa, leaving the UK, the place that took a piece of my heart away and broke me , leaving me as an empty shell until there was HER...

*******

We were sixteen when we first met. It was at a high school party that my only friend Aaron dragged me to. I saw her talking with her friends , smiling in a way that could make you fall for her instantly. Like if she felt my gaze on her, she looked at me and started making her way towards me , swaying her hips seductively. We talked all night , she was the kind of addictive girl and I couldn't get enough of her.We started seeing each other more and it turned out that we were classmates. Then one thing led to another and we started dating through high school. She was like the medicine to my broken heart, and slowly ,she helped me get over my past and move on. She healed me.

We were the couple that everyone envied. Even when we were overseas, we were able to maintain a strong relationship when I had to go back to the UK for college to be able to take over the businesses there. Five years went by , before I went back to Spain to settle down there. Everything was back to normal , we were happy as ever , and I proposed to her after 6 months.

*END OF THE FLASHBACK*

Today, two years later, we were getting prepared for the big day that was to happen in a few weeks.

But there was a slight problem here: Was it normal for a guy to get cold feet a few weeks before his own marriage , after he waited for so long for this day to come?

After putting a lot of thought in it , something didn't feel right, I started asking myself if I really wanted this , if I really wanted Alisson the be the woman I'll grow old with. I was sitting out , in the middle of the night, stargazing, looking for answers, taking time to think clearly , but all I came up with, is more reasons to cancel this marriage .
I was always busy with work so I was too blind to see that Alisson, the girl I was going to marry isn't the same girl I once fell in love with. She has changed so much , she became a girl that only cared for money to the point I started thinking that she's only with me because of my deep pockets . And lately we started fighting non stop, which we rarely did.
And to top this , it seems like she's cheating on me, but still I didn't want to believe it ; earlier today, I came back home early to surprise her only to find out that she was in Aaron's embrace, telling him and I quote "It will only be a matter of time and we will finally get there" but unfortunately, she was cut off by the sound of Aaron's ringing phone. And that's when I had to make my presence known. She looked all flustered and tense but she went back to her normal state in no time , covering up the reason of her closeness to Aaron .

It all felt suspicious to me and my mind started wandering off , leading me to hide some cameras and microphones in each room of our mansion hoping that it would prove wrong the unsettling feeling in my heart.

*******

The weeks went by , and today was the day before the marriage.
There was an unsettling and indescribable feeling in my chest. I was restless, all I could feel was a nagging sense of dread and doubt, to the point I was praying for something to happen and come in the way of this marriage.
I had a feeling in my gut that there was something off about all this situation and it felt like it would be better for me if I called it quits and cancelled everything before it's too late ...
My thoughts were cut short when the guy I hired to monitor the cameras at the mansion came in .

"Sir there's something important you need to know of"

"What is it , Tom ? "

And then he pulled out a USB key and gave it to me. I immediately plugged it into my laptop but I was never prepared for the thing I was about to watch...

*******
Hope you have enjoyed the first chapter of beautiful mess.

Don't forget to vote and comment.