ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴏɴᴇ: ᴅᴇᴘᴀʀᴛɪɴɢ ᴛʀᴇᴇ

Start from the beginning

“And if I guessed correctly, you will agree if I questioned whether or not to use some force if ever.” He playfully scoffed, myself grinning with a snicker.

“The influence I have on you is astounding.” Caspian chuckled along, a cheery expression on his face.

He then cleared his throat seriously, trailing his gaze upwards. “Do you think I am doing all right with my ruling?”

These types of things weren't unusual when one was ever given a high title, seeing as it always came with a huge responsibility. Pressure shall be heavy on your shoulders amidst it, making you think if you're good enough for the people.

“'Tis a shame that you doubt your greatness,” I shortly flickered my vision to him, seeing him slightly reassured. “But I dare say that your progress is rather remarkable.”

“I shall forever treasure your words.” Caspian flashed me a charming grin, proceeding to finish our talk.

As time went by, he later excused himself to gather the people by the courtyard. He told me to have my preparations, saying something about how he knows I still had to go change. I began walking towards the direction of my room, giving him one last look.

“Do you need help?” A small curve on my lips was visible, him lighting up at the idea.

“Y—”

“Interesting.” I chuckled at him before passing his pouting form, hearing a small huff along with him whispering that I was unkind.

Directly walking into my quarters, I went through the variety of outfits inside the wardrobe. There were multiple ones that were sure to dazzle under the sun, which made it all the more confusing on which to choose. Rolling my eyes with a scowl, I just left that place and went to the vanity. I picked up the brush laying there, combing it over my hair.

A small knock sounded by the door, myself looking at the mirror to see Edmund entering with a smile. Unlike me, he was already set with his choice of clothing. He adorned a dark-coloured, bandage long-sleeve underneath a long silk tunic that had majestic patterns on it. His theme was to compare with nature's blessings, an earthly look that was finished with a regal belt.

With a grin, he suddenly did a little spin. I bit my lip in amusement, just looking at him doing a little strut towards my form. He snaked his arms around my waist, laying his chin on my shoulder.

“Continue staring, I know I'm pretty.” Edmund grinned at me through the mirror, giving my cheeks a quick peck.

“Of course you are,” Both us just stayed there for a moment, him tightening his hold on me before he went to the wardrobe. I finished up my small powdering, proceeding to go and prepare my outfit. “Are the others already by the courtyard?”

“Yeah, I think Lucy is. Pete and Susan's been called by Aslan about something.” The boy picked out two dresses from the closet, carefully laying them on the bed then returned behind my back.

“Do you reckon it's serious?”

“It's always something important when it comes to Aslan.” His hands gently tugged the strings on my corset, muttering an apology as he accidentally pulled it too tight. I gave him an appreciative kiss, heading forth the bed to see what he picked.

“Wouldn't want to be in their place then.” Raising the one in the right, I narrowed my eyes at it. It was a royal blue dress, covered up in every place there is. The collar was styled to be tall, matching with the long, puffy sleeves. Embedded on it were delicately sown golden swirls, taking up large amounts of space but was still majestic to look at.